Hybrid View

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    brian.moeskau is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Announcing the Sencha Market

Announcing the Sencha Market

Today we are pleased to announce the availability of the Sencha Market, our destination for the discovery of third party Sencha components. One of the great strengths of Ext JS in particular has always been its extensibility, which has engendered a cottage industry of extensions, plugins, themes and other add-ons to the framework. With the new Sencha Market, we can now bring all of the best add-ons together in one place, and also encourage the creation of similar ecosystems around all Sencha frameworks and tools.

Here are just a few of the benefits of the Sencha Market, and we've only just begun:

For Add-on Developers
    • Register and start promoting and distributing your own components today, absolutely free of charge
    • Provide your add-ons under open source and/or commercial license, as you see fit
    • Instantly drive traffic to your own website and exposure for your components
    For Add-on Users
    • Find components, themes and templates for Ext JS, Sencha Touch and all Sencha products in one place
    • Easily discover new components through user ratings, featured and related add-ons, product/category search, etc.
    • Track your favorite add-ons for easy future reference
    • Key information is maintained for each add-on, including framework version support, browser support and documentation links
    Today's forum announcement is a "soft" launch. We're excited to open up the Market directly to our committed developer community here in the forums first, before announcing it more broadly. We are of course anxious to hear your feedback, and we are also ready to start enrolling community members as official add-on authors who will fill the Market with amazing content. Listing is free, and we also hope to enable you to sell your components directly from the Sencha Market soon. If you choose to sell your components via the Market, then we plan to charge a percentage of the sales price as a distribution fee -- similar to an app store model.

Our goal is to add lots of new components over the next few weeks, while letting the community kick the tires and report any issues. Once the Market has been filled out and battle-tested, we plan to launch it publicly and with much fanfare. Until then please try it out, add some components and let us know what you think.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    brian.moeskau is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Announcing the Sencha Market

Announcing the Sencha Market

Today we are pleased to announce the availability of the Sencha Market, our destination for the discovery of third party Sencha components. One of the great strengths of Ext JS in particular has always been its extensibility, which has engendered a cottage industry of extensions, plugins, themes and other add-ons to the framework. With the new Sencha Market, we can now bring all of the best add-ons together in one place, and also encourage the creation of similar ecosystems around all Sencha frameworks and tools.

Here are just a few of the benefits of the Sencha Market, and we've only just begun:

For Add-on Developers
    • Register and start promoting and distributing your own components today, absolutely free of charge
    • Provide your add-ons under open source and/or commercial license, as you see fit
    • Instantly drive traffic to your own website and exposure for your components
    For Add-on Users
    • Find components, themes and templates for Ext JS, Sencha Touch and all Sencha products in one place
    • Easily discover new components through user ratings, featured and related add-ons, product/category search, etc.
    • Track your favorite add-ons for easy future reference
    • Key information is maintained for each add-on, including framework version support, browser support and documentation links
    Today's forum announcement is a "soft" launch. We're excited to open up the Market directly to our committed developer community here in the forums first, before announcing it more broadly. We are of course anxious to hear your feedback, and we are also ready to start enrolling community members as official add-on authors who will fill the Market with amazing content. Listing is free, and we also hope to enable you to sell your components directly from the Sencha Market soon. If you choose to sell your components via the Market, then we plan to charge a percentage of the sales price as a distribution fee -- similar to an app store model.

Our goal is to add lots of new components over the next few weeks, while letting the community kick the tires and report any issues. Once the Market has been filled out and battle-tested, we plan to launch it publicly and with much fanfare. Until then please try it out, add some components and let us know what you think.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

This is a great avenue to get your add-ons, themes, and templates to get noticed! Now you don't have to rely on posting in the forums and someone coming across your work. Now there is a great place to hold all of these!
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    ninhtran is on a distinguished road

Default Very happy about this

Very happy about this

I am very happy because of you this notice. It means we will have a new step!

Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    Joe Kuan is on a distinguished road

Default My extension doesn't show up in Sencha Market

My extension doesn't show up in Sencha Market

Hi,

I have added a Highcharts extension into Sencha Market but it is not shown up in the chart category. I put the license as 'Artistic' as there is no 'Creative Common' option. Is it because of that?

Many thanks
    Joe

Vote Rating
    brittongr is on a distinguished road

Amazing news! and the site looks great and very complete...

One thing i think it could be very helpful (since there will people buying stuff or selling stuff ) is a commenting system when people give a rate, did i miss it or any plan?

If not yet, then something that could be good is a guideline of what is permitted and what not
    like (Commercial disputes, Questions to the Developer or Others, Support Requests, Error Messages, Links, Code or Bug Reports, Questionable Language (including cursing), Languages other than English) i'm just comming from joomla extensions site (one i have used a lot in the past) to contribute here and i like it how it works.

The "Category" at search preview when non is selected and the "Last Update" could be some minor improvements...

And so much thanks for this site... i'm just excited to start using it!
    Greivin Britton

My Extensions:
    Ext.ux.NumericField: Number field with support for currencySymbol, thousand separator, international...
    Ext.ux.PagerSizeSelector: A plugin that allows the change page size with just one click.
    Ext.ux.FieldAccess: A plugin to let the user know which fields are editable.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    lateruel23 is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by brittongr View Post
    One thing i think it could be very helpful (since there will people buying stuff or selling stuff ) is a commenting system when people give a rate, did i miss it or any plan?
    correct me if im wrong but i thought the "reputation" button is like a rating button where you can give to those people that post or gives great comments/reply and so we can also use that as a rating for the Sencha Market.

please correct if my understanding is wrong since im newbie here.
    Thanks
    happy me

Vote Rating
    brittongr is on a distinguished road

Yes, you are right, we can also use that as rating but sencha market has it's own button for each extension and now with this site i think there could be less threads announcing extensions and people will be submitting here instead, so, not all extensions will have directly a thread associated where you could rank.

I feel is more intuitive to read a comment directly here why a person give a 3 stars or 2 stars or even 5 stars but is just my personal thought. Something like: Overall rating: XXXXX (3 ratings) (2 reviews)

Also that way you don't mix a review with a bug report or help request or many posts (somes with many lines of code)

This site will be visited a lot...
    Greivin Britton

My Extensions:
    Ext.ux.NumericField: Number field with support for currencySymbol, thousand separator, international...
    Ext.ux.PagerSizeSelector: A plugin that allows the change page size with just one click.
    Ext.ux.FieldAccess: A plugin to let the user know which fields are editable.

Vote Rating
    dawesi has a spectacular aura about dawesi has a spectacular aura about

Cool Yeeeeeeee Har.......

Yeeeeeeee Har.......

I'm glad Sencha finally allowed _someone_ to do this... I've been told to wait off for nearly four years release my version of this to the world!

Good to see one the the original crew with a finger in the pie!

Well done, it's a great start Brian! It's always impressive to launch with a bang!

Do you have to upload an archive file tho? It's seems so static... we need options: any chance of doing a mod so that you can point to the zip url for github (or my own server, or alike) so that you can dynamically pull the latest version?

This is a *must have* feature for this market to really succeed for serious developers.

Also need more licence types... GPL or Commercial? What if it's a ExtJS core extension? Can licence it many ways? What if it contains none of the extjs code? then it could also be licenced under any licence?

There also needs to be a flag so that people who post code with backend, can flag their backend (ie PHP,ColdFusion,DotNEt,Java,etc), also so people can ignore code that isn't purely frontend in the search. Also need a separate category for external applications (like illuminations) that are 'ide' related plugins supporting Sencha's libraries.

Would also be good if there where a dependancies drop down (like facebook) where you could add an extension and a version so they drop links down below, rather than a text box.

Also what if my extension works on firefox 4 and 6, but not 5? How do I signify that? Also link to a forum post for the extension is needed also... and needs mobile browsers also (safari,chrome,opera mini/opera mobile/firefox mobile)

Also how do you signify that a certain build, your extension doesn't work.

Oh, you have opened up a can of worms from my todo list on this one... I'll be taking a wait and see approach on this one...if the site gets better, then I'll drop more ideas... (there are so many)

This said, I'll still be using my extension site as my primary one for my own extensions, themes and alike as a basis (easier support), but it would be great if this site was extensible enough to cope with multiple repositories around the place and allow archives, git and svn links, as well as be a repository for those who haven't already setup their own stuff. I'd even say it's crucial to the site to have this functionality.

Would also be great if you could provide rss/xml/json based feeds for search results so that we can create tools on other platforms to leverage this repository (aka different interfaces), aka roll-your-own internal repository for keeping up to date with your favourites...

Basically I only want to update one repository, so I need yours to be able to read mine. I'm happy to do the initial config per extension/theme/etc but already have an infrastructure setup.

Either way, great start!
    Teahouse Training Company
    Official Certified Sencha Trainer

Australia / New Zealand / Singapore / Hong Kong & APAC

SenchaWorld.com - Sencha webinars, videos, etc
    SenchaForge.org - (coming soon)
    TeahouseHQ.com - Sencha ecosystem training portal

Code Validation : JSLint | JSONLint | JSONPLint

Vote Rating
    skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future

I agree with dawesi.

In particular I think the licensing options will cause a lot of confusion. I think many people will interpret the word 'Commercial' as meaning not free-of-charge, whereas I assume it actually means 'suitable for use within closed-source, commercial applications'. Whether or not an Add-on may be used free-of-charge is a separate issue and I don't see any obvious place that is listed.