Hybrid View

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    basememara is on a distinguished road

Default Merge Touch and Ext JS applications?

Merge Touch and Ext JS applications?

I am building a website that serves desktop and mobile versions of the site. Currently, I have 2 separate projects - one that uses the ext-4 library for desktop and the other uses touch-2. I am using the MVC approach, so many of my models, stores, and other classes cross-over.

My questions are:
    1) Should I use an index.html / app.js and mobile.html / mobile.js entry points and use some kind of mobile detection to route them to the right page?
    2) Does Touch have a modded version of Ext JS baked in, or is Ext JS an unmodded subset of Touch?

Thanks for any help or experience.

Sencha - Community Support Team jay@moduscreate.com's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all

I would have two html files. In short, the server-side should determine what the user agent is, etc, and direct the user to the proper HTML file that contains the necessary CSS and JS for the apps. Ext JS and Touch have similar code bases (Sencha Platform), but they are not 100% interchangeable.