Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    vospix is on a distinguished road

Default Export of projects having hidden windows

Export of projects having hidden windows

Designer version tested:
    • Designer 1.2.2 rev 48
    Operating System:
    • Windows 7
    Framework:
    • Ext JS 4.0.x
    Description:
    • Projects having hidden window are incorrectly exported. Say you want to create a mockup where click on a button opens a dialog and there are several dialogs of that kind. They become all visible at page load.
    Steps to reproduce the problem:
    1. Create a new project
    2. Add a Viewport
    3. Add a Panel to the Viewport
    4. Add several Windows as root elements
    5. Verify "hidden" property of windows set to true
    6. Export project
    7. Open exported page
    8. All windows shown
    The result that was expected:
    • Hidden Windows aren't visible on page load
    The result that occurs instead:

• designer.js:
    Code:
    ​
    var cmp1 = Ext.create('MyApp.view.MyWindow', {            renderTo: Ext.getBody()
            });
            cmp1.show();
    cmp1.show(); obviously shouldn't be there

Vote Rating
    lorezyra will become famous soon enough lorezyra will become famous soon enough

Default Design and Intent

Design and Intent

By design, XDS creates all the view code for export and creates a base file to view all of the components you mocked-up in XDS...

That base file assumes that you want to view all components. It's up to you to copy that code and paste it into your actual project base. Designer doesn't create the business logic. It simply creates the views and stores. You have to create the controllers and models (as needed). In those controllers, you would write the code that would make a window (dialog box) show or remain hidden.
    This is all by design and not a bug.
    Perfection as a goal is a nice idea that can point one in a specific direction. However, since "perfection" is an ever changing (evolving?) and moving target, one must admit that perfection can never be obtained...

When in doubt, check the d4mn source code!
    ================================================
    And here are my terms...
    1. I don't care if you use my source code. (Known as "Code.")
    2. I don't care if I get any monetary compensation.
    3. I do care to receive credit for Code provided. So, please keep my name in the comments for Code provided.
    4. Code is provided without warranty "AS-IS" and I claim absolutely no warranty nor liability to the quality, security, and run-ability on any platform.
    5. By using Code, you accept all risk inherit with Code regardless if Code has known and yet to be discovered bugs.
    6. You are welcome to change and improve the Code to best meet your needs.
    7. I don't care if you use the Code in a commercial or open-source project.
    8. You are not required to contact me prior to using the Code.
    ================================================
    Simple. Enjoy.

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

lorezyra -

Thanks for the post. I'm verifying what was said above is true. Designer 2.0 however will be a game changer and no longer just a tool to build your UI views. It will now be used to build applications entirely without leaving the Designer or the need of an external tool.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    vospix is on a distinguished road

aconran,

actually Designer is also perfect tool for early/rapid prototyping of user interfaces to be implemented with ExtJs and that's what I'm using it for. So I'm happy to know it is going to be improved in that way

Thread Participants: 2