Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    BillHubbard has a spectacular aura about BillHubbard has a spectacular aura about BillHubbard has a spectacular aura about

Default Unanswered: What is the proper way to style tabs?

Unanswered: What is the proper way to style tabs?

I'm having difficulty styling tabs. In Firefox, my styles show up, but in IE it looks like it's picking up the default ExtJS styles.
    There appears to be a radical difference between how tabs are rendered in FF vs. IE, as there is a simple div structure in FF, and a complex table structure in IE. (Really? Tables?! What the...?) I can't figure out where the style is getting picked up, as my tab color gets applied in IE, but is getting overridden by something else, so I don't see it.

What is the proper approach to styling widgets (tabs in this case) in ExtJS when the markup is so vastly different between browsers?

Vote Rating
    Answers
    tobiu is a name known to all tobiu is a name known to all tobiu is a name known to all tobiu is a name known to all tobiu is a name known to all tobiu is a name known to all

take a look at the theming guide:
    http://docs.sencha.com/ext-js/4-0/#!/guide/theming

FF and Chrome are quite good with CSS 3, IE is still not in version 9 -> not able to do gradients and border radius.

that is the reason, there is a slice images method -> a headless webkit generates automatically the needed images for IE to make the theme look like in other browsers.
    Best regards
    Tobias Uhlig

S-CIRCLES Social Network Engine

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    BillHubbard has a spectacular aura about BillHubbard has a spectacular aura about BillHubbard has a spectacular aura about

So, if I get what you are saying, I can't just use CSS to style tabs - I have to take some manual step to create images for IE? That's just wrong. What's the alternative?

Vote Rating
    Answers
    bt_bruno will become famous soon enough

IE simply doesn't implement the CSS features required. That's why we have ugly table structure bounded to image sprites.

Prior to Ext 4 you had to do it completely manually, cutting images in Photoshop, etc... Now we have a tool that emulates a browser, and do all the heavy job for us. It is described in our theming guide, under "Supporting Legacy Browsers"

Thread Participants: 2