Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    arjunsharma is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: UI Layout problem in ExtJs 4

Unanswered: UI Layout problem in ExtJs 4

We are having layout problem in all UI's made in ExtJs 4. I mean on fixing the UI for one particular resolution and then testing the same UI Layout on different resolution for same or another desktop. The UI doesnot comes properly and certain components break. While the below portion of the panel is hidden or else on different resolution it shows below space.
    Can anyone help??What will be the best solution to fix this UI Layout problem.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Please post in the appropriate forum. I have moved to the Ext JS 4 Q&A forum for you.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Vote Rating
    Answers
    skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future

There are usually a number of different ways to achieve apparently identical layouts. In my opinion, the 'secret' to picking an appropriate layout is to consider how you want it to resize. That's certainly the technique I use for picking a layout.

By the sounds of it you're relying too heavily on fixed sizes in pixels rather than using flexing. Take a look at the docs for hbox and vbox.

Thread Participants: 2