Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    str_str is on a distinguished road

Default Answered: picker

Answered: picker

Hi,

i am using picker field in form panel. can anyone pls help how the selected value in the picker can be assigned to text box? if i create a pickerfield with {xtype:'pickerfield'} as similar to textfield creation its throwing error as xtype is not registered.hence i create pickerfield in a separate variable and am showing it on the change event of a textbox.but i dont know how to set the selected value once the user clicks 'done' button. can any one tell me whts wrong am doing here?

var picker1251=new Ext.Picker({
    id:'picker1',
    floating: true,
    width:150,
    slots: [
    {
    title: '',
    store: app.stores.datas,
    displayField: 'dataID'
    }
    ],
    });

My requirement is user should be able to pick certain values from the popup. can any one let me know picker /search field which is best option to have. because in picker there's no search option. but in search field will i be able to get the binded values when user starts typing in the textfield (similar to google)...

Thanks

2. The picker has a 'pick' event that fires when a slot has been picked so therefore you can then update the value of the textfield.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

The picker has a 'pick' event that fires when a slot has been picked so therefore you can then update the value of the textfield.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Thread Participants: 1