Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    hokusmokus is on a distinguished road

Default Bug In Android with ProgressBar

Bug In Android with ProgressBar

Hi Joel,

I found a bug with the progressbar, maybe you can help.

I am using Android + Phonegap + Sencha Touch

Immediately after I execute 'updateProgress', my Android debug log is spammed with the following:

m_mainFrame->editor()->hasComposition not

the spamming does not stop... it just keeps spamming

Is there a clean-up method... like after I am done using the progressbar i want to destroy it.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    hokusmokus is on a distinguished road

Bug In Android with ProgressBar

Hi Joel,

I found a bug with the progressbar, maybe you can help.

I am using Android + Phonegap + Sencha Touch

Immediately after I execute 'updateProgress', my Android debug log is spammed with the following:

m_mainFrame->editor()->hasComposition not

the spamming does not stop... it just keeps spamming

Is there a clean-up method... like after I am done using the progressbar i want to destroy it.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Joel is on a distinguished road

I've created a demo page that demonstrates the usage of the progress bar. I've also updated the code slightly to support a few more things (like looping progress bars). There are 3 examples on the demo page:
    - Standard: Showing the basic API usage to get a progress bar up
    - Iterating: Using an iterator to progress through a set of items. This is the iterator we use in our internal framework and you are free to use what ever you need as long as you can call the updateProgress throughout your code
    - Looping: This progress bar loops forever until you stop it. I've set it up to stop after 15 seconds (so that you can see that it loops around). Ext uses this for things like file uploads when it's not clear when it will actually be complete. You are probably better off using the load mask in Sencha, but this is just another option

I'll update the code in the first post (if I'm able to) to reflect these new changes, otherwise the code on the demo server is not compressed, so feel free to grab it from there. If you have any questions, I'm more than happy to help!

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

hokusmokus I've added some clean up code (for destroying and what not) that might fix your problem. I don't have access to an Android device, but if the code update doesn't work for you it might be a problem with the CSS. Try removing the animated bits and see if that helps.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Hey all, I've updated the code to support the animate parameter on updateProgress. I've updated the demo accordingly. Note: Animations only work on iPhone, as Sencha disables automatically for Android (AFAIK). Sencha Touch 2 will probably fix this.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    gkatz is on a distinguished road

awesome plugin
    love it...

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Sasha172 is on a distinguished road

Im getting an error :

Code:
    TypeError: 'undefined' is not a function (evaluating 'Ext.Msg.progress('Importing')')
    Please help

Vote Rating
    Sameer Khan is on a distinguished road

Hi, From git hub you download Progressbar and work with that.. Thats better...
    But please take care while using this progress bar because in that they have written this pointer to represent their js fiele...But from your file mention your panel name.progress bar then , you won't get any conflict with this pointer...Plz observe...Right now also i think u r facing same problem i observer from your error msg...
    Sameer Khan

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Sasha172 is on a distinguished road

If I understand you right in your code msg would be ur panel ??
    Ok, can you post the GitHub link ??? Thanks

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    deepak_patil1222 is on a distinguished road

Hey Guys....

i am developing the mobile application in sencha architect and there is a login screen in my application. Once i click on login button it takes around 5-6 seconds of time to fetch the data from the back end... for that time duration there is nothing on screen ... no message no busy signal ... so i wanted to introduce a progress bar / Status bar here....

Can any one of you please help me here.... as i am not able to do that... i searched all the forum but dint get the proper response from anywhere

please help.

Thanks
    Deepak Patil