Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    r_honey is on a distinguished road

Default Store.loadRecords should fire an additional event apart from add/datachanged

Store.loadRecords should fire an additional event apart from add/datachanged

I believe in Ext, store.loadRecords fires the 'load' event. But in Touch 2, this method calls 'add' which further calls 'insert' which fires the 'add' event, and then the 'datachanged' event.
    'loadRecords' itself then fires 'datachanged' again.

If you are doing some time consuming operation in 'datachanged', it gets executed twice. So one solution is to remove firing 'datachanged' from loadRecords method.

But 'datachanged' is fired on add/remove/updation of records. There are cases where loading of records into store needs to be handled separately especially when append is false, e.g.:
    store.loadData(jsonArray, false);

This is similar to loading of record, albeit locally. So 'load' or another new event needs to be fored from loadRecords method.

Vote Rating
    Jamie Avins is a jewel in the rough Jamie Avins is a jewel in the rough Jamie Avins is a jewel in the rough

I wouldn't recommend using 'datachanged' for anything. It's seriously flawed and we are adding many new events into the data package. This is not a 'bug' per say so I'm going to move this to the discussion area.

Sencha Inc

Jamie Avins

@jamieavins

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    r_honey is on a distinguished road

I was also not sure whether to call this a bug or a design decision. I will watch out for the upcoming release with the "many new events".
    Any timeline for preview 3/alpha 1?

Thread Participants: 1