Vote Rating
    gugulethun is on a distinguished road

Default Build output files empty

Build output files empty

I'm deploying my first Ext Js application. I downloaded the latest Windows SDK Tools. I run the 2 commands below.

Code:
    sencha create jsb -a http://localhost:12605/ -p app.jsb3
    Code:
    sencha build -p app.jsb3 -d . -v
    The two output files (app-all.js & all-classes.js) generated are both 1KB in size.

What am I doing wrong?

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Is the app.jsb3 file pretty empty?

This would tell me that you don't have the requires/uses or Ext.require setup properly throughout your app. You have to set these to tell the SDK Tools to include those classes into the build.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Is the app.jsb3 file pretty empty?

This would tell me that you don't have the requires/uses or Ext.require setup properly throughout your app. You have to set these to tell the SDK Tools to include those classes into the build.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    jeromer is on a distinguished road

can you be more specific? This may be part of my problem. I cannot understand why after following the build tool instructions the app does not run. How do you know what to require if your app runs in its non-build form. I don't even see any suggestions on the console about using require when I run my app. So how do I know what to require?

Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    keithrust is on a distinguished road

I have the exact same issue. The documentations/examples on how to use the SDK Tools seems to be severely lacking, or I just don't know where to find the right information. Other than the basic commands to generate the jsb3 file and build the package I haven't seen anything that helps in identifying how to set this up and use the tool. Help!!

Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating

I should add that when I run "sencha build -p app.jsb3 -d ." I get an error saying app.js doesn't exist, which is true. My output came from Designer and there is no app.js file.

Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Default Got it to work... sort of.

Got it to work... sort of.

So, here's what I had to do to get this thing to work. The app.jsb3 file is created, but only the shell. For some reason the file doesn't get created properly as I would expect, perhaps because I'm using Designer?? Anyhoo, when I manually configure the file to include the paths and file names to be included in all-classes.js I'm able to get the thing to run.

So:

1. Run sencha create jsb -a <path or URL> -p app.jsb3
    2. Modify app.jsb3 to include the files I need
    3. Run sencha build -p app.jsb3 -d .

I also found out that having spaces in the directory paths (I'm on a Mac) is a no-no, so I had to copy my project to another directory before this would run.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Your #2 step I'm sure is the key. When you say modify the jsb3 file to include the files you needed, how did you resolve what they were. Is it just every path to .js files in your app. Is the true for the MVC structured app? I have an app structured like this; appStructure.jpg
    Attached Images

Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Exactly. I just found all of the js files, included the paths and file names, then when building it used these paths and crunched the output.

I do have to add that even though my build was successful I'm still having issues using app-all.js in my project. For some reason a call is being made to a directory that doesn't exist, but when using the Designer generated js files it works just fine. <sigh>

Come on Designer 2.0!

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

I'm sorry. I actually did include all the files and got nothing. No errors, no app display but a lot of warnings. Here are the first few firstfew.jpg