Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    rmorales is on a distinguished road

Default Question re: Upgrading to Ext JS 4.x

Question re: Upgrading to Ext JS 4.x

I am really worried, I have been using Ext 3.2, I have a new proyect and I dont know if use Ext 4.0, because I dont see documentation about this.

The new proyect is big. WHAT SHOULD I DO????

Vote Rating
    tobiu is a name known to all tobiu is a name known to all tobiu is a name known to all tobiu is a name known to all tobiu is a name known to all tobiu is a name known to all

you definitely should upgrade your old project to 3.4.

if you take a close look at the menu on top of this page, there is a link documentation which allows you to see the docs for (almost) all sencha products.

use the guides to get into the new goodies:
    http://docs.sencha.com/ext-js/4-0/#!/guide
    Best regards
    Tobias Uhlig

S-CIRCLES Social Network Engine

Ext JS Premium Member tvanzoelen's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    tvanzoelen has a spectacular aura about tvanzoelen has a spectacular aura about tvanzoelen has a spectacular aura about

My suggestion, wait until 4.1 comes out. Meanwhile you can start learning the new framework.

4.07 is for most users still not suitable for production, unless you build small sized applications.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    hannas is on a distinguished road

Default What is the best way to upgrade from Ext JS 2.2 to 4.x?

What is the best way to upgrade from Ext JS 2.2 to 4.x?

My existing code is written in Ext-JS 2.2. Should I upgrade to 3.4 first then upgrade to 4.x?

Vote Rating
    skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future

Personally I wouldn't go 2 to 3 to 4. Either jump straight to 4 or do a rewrite. It takes someone with a good understanding of your app to assess which approach will be faster. Either way, make sure you spend some time learning Ext 4 before you start the switch. Writing a small practice app is a good way to learn and allows you to make your mistakes on a smaller scale before you write the code that matters.