Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    John2011 is on a distinguished road

Question Best way of determining geographical user location?

Best way of determining geographical user location?

I am working on an application in Sencha Touch 2.0.0 that works with Google Maps and PhoneGap. Now I want to determine the location of the user. The only thing I need is a latitude and a longitude.

However, there are so many ways of doing this that I am overwhelmed by the choice and don't know what method to choose and what the trade-offs are.

1. Use PhoneGap's Cocoa API
    2. Use Safari's Geo Location Javascript API.
    3. Use the Google Maps location API.

Which of these methods delivers the best user experience, and is there a preferred way of doing it in Sencha Touch 2.0.0?

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

HTML5 has it's spec that we use for Ext.util.GeoLocation. This returns several things but most notable is the lat/long coords
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Thread Participants: 1