Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Kathoz is on a distinguished road

Question Unanswered: [Chart] Splitting chart series into groups using a field

Unanswered: [Chart] Splitting chart series into groups using a field

I have a store that has these fields:

Code:
    fields: [
    {name: 'entityName', type: 'string'}, {name: 'startDate', type: 'date'}, {name: 'hoursSpent', type: 'int'}
    ]
    I would like to represent this store in a line (or a (stacked) bar) chart with a separate line for each entityName field showing the hoursSpent for that entityName for the specified startDate.

Example JSON data:
    Code:
    [
    {"entityName":"Department1","startDate":"2008-01-01","hoursSpent":"646", <...>}, {"entityName":"Department2","startDate":"2008-01-01","hoursSpent":"740", <...>}, {"entityName":"Department1","startDate":"2008-02-01","hoursSpent":"465", <...>}, {"entityName":"Department2","startDate":"2008-02-01","hoursSpent":"879", <...>}, <...>
    ]
    How the chart should look crudeDrawing.jpg(Sorry for the crude drawing).

Is it possible to automatically split a chart series into groups based on a field's value like this? Or will I need to pivot the table manually and then use a separate series for each entityName?

Similar problem (unanswered, ExtJS3)

Thank you for your time.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

The number of series should reflect for the fields... so it's not the field values that will say how many series it will show... the number of series needs to be define when the chart is created and the fields need to exist to show data for the series.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Thread Participants: 1