Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Kathoz is on a distinguished road

Question Unanswered: [Chart] Clear old series markers

Unanswered: [Chart] Clear old series markers

Greetings,

what is the best way to remove the old series' sprites before (after) calling chart.redraw()?

Basically, I am trying to define a chart that can dinamically adapt to various kinds of stores with column counts known only at runtime. I have succesfully managed to update the axes and series, however after calling redraw()/refresh(), the old series' sprites still remain.

This is my code for binding a new store to the chart (this.chart is the chart, this is a wrapper panel):

Code:
    setStore: function(store){
    this.store = store; var fields = this.store.model.prototype.fields.keys; this.chart.series.clear(); this.chart.axes.items[1].fields = fields; //just want to change the left axis, bottom stays the same
    for (var i = 1; i<fields.length; i++){
    this.dataView.series.add({type: 'line', axis: 'left', highlight: true, xField: 'startDate', yField: fields[i]});
    }
    this.chart.store = store; this.chart.refresh();
    }
    This code currently just draws the newly configured chart over the old one, keeping the old records visible. What is the best way to clear the background surface of a chart?

Thank you for your time.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

It may be better to remove the chart and reinstantiate it.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Thread Participants: 1