Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    sarah_77 is on a distinguished road

Default Unique id working on iPhone and Android

Unique id working on iPhone and Android

Hi! I've read that in next version of iOS will not disponible GUID for identify device.

I'm creating a PhoneGap for Android and iPhone using Sencha Touch 2.0 and I'd like to find a solution for generate and unique ID that allows to identify device and for know (recalculate) same GUID also after delete and re-install of my app.

If GUID calculate is 12345678

must be same also if I delete app and on same device I install it another time

Thansk

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

We do have a new class, Ext.data.UuidGenerator that you can use but does PhoneGap give you anything that is unique to the device? WebKit doesn't but since PhoneGap gives you more access it may.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Thanks for your reply!

I don't know this:

Ext.data.UuidGenerator
    Can I use this solution in my project?? (PhoneGap + SenchaTouch 2.0 on iPhone and Android)?? Or not??

but does PhoneGap give you anything that is unique to the device?
    Can't I use this: Ext.data.UuidGenerator??

Thanks

Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Ext.data.UuidGenerator has been apart of ST2 since PR1. The problem is that there isn't anything unique to the device, if you uninstall an app, how will you be able to reliably create the exact same id? You can save to local storage but what happens when someone clears local storage?

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

It this, I don't need Ext.data.UuidGenerator

What about a GUID generated using MAC??

But nobody of you have this need??? Identify (always) a device for logs/feedback/lastupdate info.... etc??

Why lose all info about device if use delete (and re-install) app?

Thanks

Vote Rating

Can you get it using phonegap?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Can you get it using phonegap?
    I don't know this

I'd like to find a solution that works on Android and iPhone (using PhoneGap or Sencha Touch)

Sencha - Sencha Touch Dev Team rdougan's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    rdougan will become famous soon enough

I'm sure there are ways to do this, but it is a PhoneGap issue, not a Sencha issue.
    Sencha Inc.
    Robert Dougan - @rdougan
    Sencha Touch 2 and Ext JS 4 Core Team Member, SASS/Theming Wizard.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

So right way is use PG??

And what do you think to create ad info on localstore with MAC_GUIDGeneratedLocally

using Sencha Touch

and keep saved this info also when app is deleted?? (Android and iPhone)

I'm also searching righr solution

Vote Rating

Using the MAC to create an id would be good as the MAC should be unique to every device. I would some means of encrypting it as you don't just want to use the MAC address in plain text. You should save it to local storage so that the client knows about it. At app startup, get that id from local storage and use it, if it doesn't exist, then that's when you would generate a new one.