Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    sarah_77 is on a distinguished road

What does that mean?

I would some means of encrypting it as you don't just want to use the MAC address in plain text.
    What does that mean??

So I can use MAC, save on local store and pass this to my remote WebServices??

What about devices with 2 MAC addresses?

Thanks

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Do some hashing.... md5 is my preferred way. If there are two, pick one... are they reliably always in that order? If so, then use the first one.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

are they reliably always in that order?
    This was exactly my question Do you know this??

About MD5... do you mean: read MAC, encrypt using MD5, tranfer to my WS ... Server side decrypt for know original MD5

OK?

Thanks

Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by sarah_77 View Post
    This was exactly my question Do you know this??

About MD5... do you mean: read MAC, encrypt using MD5, tranfer to my WS ... Server side decrypt for know original MD5

OK?

Thanks
    Wouldn't ask if I did know. You won't be able to decrypt MD5 which is a good thing. You should never know someone's MAC address... you just need a unique string which is the encrypted MAC address.

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

mmmm and will be a problem pass MAC address??
    Could I have problem with Apple app approvation??

Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by sarah_77 View Post
    mmmm and will be a problem pass MAC address??
    Could I have problem with Apple app approvation??
    I'm not sure but it would be a security problem to send MAC address over HTTP. All you need is a unique string right? Then it shouldn't matter if it's the MAC address or a randomly created one

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Yes!!!! but I need that this code is the same also after delete and re-install app!!!!!

I've to identify each device with an unique solution (and my problem is that iOS will cancel uid features)

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

With MAC I can have problem with many devices with many MAC address.

So, what do you suggest me??? I'd like to find a solution for identify each device (on Iphone and Android) .... if possibile also after deleting app and reinstalling it

Thanks

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    steve1964 is on a distinguished road

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Because Apple tell that uid in iOS is deprecated... and I don't want to create an app that will not works in next release of iOS... ot not?

Thanks