Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Ext GWT Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    LEWJO10@ca.com is on a distinguished road

Default [FNR] DateField Width Gets Shorter by 10 to 15 Pixels When Invalid Data Entered

[FNR] DateField Width Gets Shorter by 10 to 15 Pixels When Invalid Data Entered

The DateField width gets shorter by 10 to 15 pixels when invalid data is entered (such as letters instead of numbers). Once corrected, the width returns to the original size.

The attached file can be used to demonstrate the problem.

Just enter invalid text for a date and observe.

By the way, congratulations on Beta 1!

I have been working with it, and am impressed with the great progress that has been made.

John Lewis
    Attached Files

Sencha - GXT Dev Team darrellmeyer's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    darrellmeyer is on a distinguished road

The SideErrorHandler, the default ErrorHandler for Fields reduces the field with when showing the error icon. This is a new feature in 3.0 which makes it easier to design your forms as the error icon does not extend past the field. This can be disabled if so desired. That being said, there was a bug in beta 1 with resizing the fields. This is now fixed in SVN. You can verify this change here:

http://staging.sencha.com:8080/examp...e:formsexample

Enter an invalid date into the birthday field and blur the field. You will now notice we show an error when parsing fails. Once you focus the field again, that error will be cleared. Does this make sense and work for you?

This change is in SVN and will go out next week in our beta 2 release. Thanks for the positive feedback on beta 1.

Ext GWT Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    LEWJO10@ca.com is on a distinguished road

Darrell,

Yes, this is a nice feature to have when using the DateField widget within the FieldLabel widget when designing forms.

For charting controls I am using two DateFields standalone (without the FieldLabel widget) as part of an XTemplate (please see originally attached file).

So, if the overall width stays the same when there is an error or not, and room is made for the error icon so that it does not overlay something to the right, then that works for me.

If there will be a method to turn off this new behavior (meaning that the DateField width stays the same when there is an error or not, and the error icon overlays whatever may be to the right), then that works for me as well.

Thanks,
    John Lewis

Thread Participants: 1