Hybrid View

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    klausg is on a distinguished road

Lightbulb EventType.ToString() Improvement (for debugging)

EventType.ToString() Improvement (for debugging)

Some times you don't know exactly which event to listen for, and the documentation is not always up to date.
    So, you set a breakpoint and end up with
    EventType@2537, id = 19

Then you have to go through all the EventType instances in Events, and any custom defined events, to find out which event it is.
    Why not add a name to the EventType constructor, and a proper toString() impl

public static final EventType Activate = new EventType("Activete");

It will probably take about one hour to do, and I bet it would save GXT developers and especially everyone else a lot of time.

can I get a thumbs up?

Sencha - GXT Dev Team
    Vote Rating
    Colin Alworth is just really nice Colin Alworth is just really nice Colin Alworth is just really nice Colin Alworth is just really nice Colin Alworth is just really nice

EventType doesn't exist in any of the GXT 3 preview or beta builds - instead GwtEvent is being subclassed for every event, and so the toString will refer to the class itself.

Vote Rating
    Shawn.in.Tokyo is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Alworth View Post
    EventType doesn't exist in any of the GXT 3 preview or beta builds - instead GwtEvent is being subclassed for every event, and so the toString will refer to the class itself.
    So how do we migtrate?

Specificially I need to create an AppEvent with the constructor AppEvent(GwtEvent.Type<?> type)

I just don't get, even after carefully reading the javadocs, searching google, and searching these forums; what we are supposed do for the "type" that we pass into the constructor.

I've read every migration to 3.0 guide that I could find.

It's really not clear at all. Is the Legacy mvc package really supposed to work and if so how??

Thread Participants: 2