Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    LesJ is a glorious beacon of light LesJ is a glorious beacon of light LesJ is a glorious beacon of light LesJ is a glorious beacon of light LesJ is a glorious beacon of light

Default Ext.menu.Manager - dependencies

Ext.menu.Manager - dependencies

I think the Ext.menu.Manager code can be simplified a little...

"requires" can be removed (because there's no constructor) and I don't see that the "Ext.util.KeyMap" is used, so it can be removed as well.

I'm not trying to be a smart guy. This feedback is just a learning experience for me.

Code:
    // Ext.define('Ext.menu.Manager', {
    //     singleton: true,
    //     requires: [
    //         'Ext.util.MixedCollection',
    //         'Ext.util.KeyMap'
    //     ],
    //     alternateClassName: 'Ext.menu.MenuMgr',

//     uses: ['Ext.menu.Menu'],

Ext.define('Ext.menu.Manager', {
        singleton: true,
        uses: [
            'Ext.util.MixedCollection',
            'Ext.menu.Menu'
        ],
        alternateClassName: 'Ext.menu.MenuMgr',
    Last edited by LesJ; 13 Dec 2011 at 12:23 PM. Reason: Clarify why "requires" can be removed

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Ext.util.KeyMap is required as in the init method it does this:

Code:
            Ext.getDoc().addKeyListener(27, function() {
                if (me.active.length > 0) {
                    me.hideAll();
                }
            }, me);
    Ext.menu.Manager also needs Ext.util.MixedCollection as it will build a mixed collection instance for the menus. All seems to be ok.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    LesJ is a glorious beacon of light LesJ is a glorious beacon of light LesJ is a glorious beacon of light LesJ is a glorious beacon of light LesJ is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks, but it's still not clear to me why there's 'requires' in this singleton.

'requires' lists classes that have to be loaded before instantiating a class, but Ext.menu.Manager has no constructor.

I think the 'requires' dependencies are loaded too early(?). These dependencies could have been loaded using 'uses'.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Nickname is on a distinguished road

I think LesJ is right.

Ext.menu.Manager is a singleton, which calls init only if a Ext.menu.Menu gets registered. It is not needed to instantiate the singleton.

Of course there could be some some piece of code somewhere, which instantiates a "template|phantom" Ext.menu.Menu object directly document "onBeforeExtIsready" and then the MenuManager would "require" the MixedCollection.
    I'm pretty sure, that AbstractContainer/AbstractPanel or even Ext.Application is called before Ext.menu.Menu Manager and MixedCollection should be available in MenuManager.

And the KeyMap Class is not used in the MenuManager.
    Ext.util.KeyMap is not a singleton, rather then a Class to instantiate, which I cannot see here. The "addKeyListener" is a Ext.Element method and "27" is just a Number, which is defined/mapped to "ESC" in core/EventObject, but not used here.

KeyMap is used by Ext.Element.key.js, which is Core and is definitely loaded before MenuManager.

The easiest thing would be to test the code from LesJ, but I really don't think that this will improve the performance in any way. Maybe the source is 20bytes shorter, but nothing more!

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Nickname is on a distinguished road

A short finding on performance "optimizations" in Ext4:

Ext.element#hasCls() and Ext.element#toggleCls() uses browser native DOMClassList, because Ext.supports.ClassList is set to true on my tested browser (FF8, Cromium14 on Ubuntu 10.10) [1].
    jsperf.com has a testsuite for this [2] and the "old" regex/indexOf tested way (used by browsers which doesn't support classList) is 2-3 times faster [3] than using classList#contains()

Only Safari 5.x and Android have different results. There is no performance constraint on IE[6-10] because the Trident platform does not support DOMClassList.

This single issue will not decrease the performance over the complete framework, but if there are more "optimizations" like this one it sums up to a problem.

[1] http://caniuse.com/classlist
    [2] http://jsperf.com/element-classlist-...nt-classname/4
    [3] http://www.browserscope.org/user/tes...VGVzdBiF68YKDA

Why I'm posting this? I still was thinking about the load time or optimization with the uses/requires and now I'm pretty sure, that there are better places to optimize than the order of loading classes.

Sorry for double post, if anyone feels bothered

Sencha - Ext JS Dev Team Animal's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Animal has a spectacular aura about Animal has a spectacular aura about

I think the OP is absolutely correct.

"uses" should be used wherever possible over "requires" because "uses" does not block the class creation. It only flags that the "used" class is going to be necessary for the operation of the class being defined, so there does not need to be a block.

This is something we need to address.

film izle

hd film izle

film sitesi

takipci kazanma sitesi

takipci kazanma sitesi

güzel olan herşey

takipci alma sitesi

komik eğlenceli videolar