Wait! Looks like we don't have enough information to add this to bug database. Please follow this template bug format.
    Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    lennonnz is on a distinguished road

Default A few bugs/questions

A few bugs/questions

Hi there.

I am converting my website from webkit -> senchatouch 2.X at the moment and found a few bugs. (or maybe I am doing it wrong) (using pr3 at the moment)

See code below.

- viewing on Safari (normal computer) . I only see the 1st 4 items in the list and cannot choose anymore. How can I make the select field show more items??? or a bug?
    - viewing on iPhone 4S (5.1b3) with Safari I cannot see any of the items at all using
    <script type="text/javascript" src="st/sencha-touch-all.js"></script>
    The list does not show up at all.

but if I go

<script type="text/javascript" src = "st/sencha-touch-all-debug.js"></script>
    it starts to view on the iPhone but when I click on the field it just locks up safari completely.

-
    I have..

Ext.define('Countries', {
    extend: 'Ext.data.Model',
    fields: [
    {name: 'countryid', type: 'string'},
    {name: 'countryname', type: 'string'}
    ]
    });

var CountriesStore = Ext.create('Ext.data.Store', {
    model : 'Countries',
    autoLoad : true,
    autoDestroy : true,
    proxy: {
    type: 'ajax',
    url : 'countries.php',
    reader: {
    type: 'json'
    }
    }
    });

and I go:

items: [
    {
    xtype: 'selectfield',
    name : 'carriercountry',
    label: 'Country',
    valueField : 'countryid',
    displayField : 'countryname',
    store : CountriesStore,
    },
    {
    xtype: 'emailfield',
    name : 'carriername',
    label: 'Carrier Name'
    },
    ]

countries.php outputs json like:

[
    {
    "countryid": "AF",
    "countryname": "Afghanistan"
    },
    {
    "countryid": "AL",
    "countryname": "Albania"
    }
    ]

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Right now the drop down you get on anything but a phone (a floating list) will only be sized for 4 but you can scroll. In the future there may be bounds checking to make it fill the available height either below or above the field but currently it will only be sized for 4 but scrolling is enabled.

I have an iPhone 4S but do not have 5.1b3 installed. I did try it with sencha-touch-all.js and sencha=touch-all-debug.js and the Picker showed up where I can pick a value. Unless 5.1 is doing something that we aren't seeing it is a phone, you shouldn't get the floating list on a phone.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

I have made 2 examples to make it a little clearer of the main problem..

http://www.unlockit.co.nz/newsite/index-1.php
    http://www.unlockit.co.nz/newsite/index-2.php

Test these on an iPhone

Choose Create APN down the bottom as I still have a lot of work to do the conversion..

index-1 will not show the Country list at all on the iPhone
    index-2 will show all the countries (I cannot make it lock up now for some reason)

And it shows all the countries and scroll (except its centered but I have to work out how to fit that!)

the only difference is:

index-1 includes sencha-touch-all.js
    index-2 includes sencha-touch-all-debug.js

I don't really want to include the debug version to make it work as it slows down senchatouch a lot

Ideas why it not working without the debug.

Yes I just realized the non iPhone version is scroll able (view on non iPhone) but its not very clear at all that it is.. It looks like 4 countries only in the list.. I have to find a way to make it show a scroll bar on the right somehow...

arch.. viewable in Safari. (Mac).. tried firefox (mac) and.... nothing is rendered at all..

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

ignore the comment about firefox not working.. I just read that it won't work...

Thread Participants: 1