Vote Rating
    bahar is on a distinguished road

Default [2.0b1] Flash content gets reloaded when Collapsible Panel is expanded

[2.0b1] Flash content gets reloaded when Collapsible Panel is expanded

I posted this problem in help section but I think this is a bug because it wasn't present in older versions of EXT.
    I found out that when a Collapsible Panel that contains a Flash control is collapsed and expanded again the Flash control will be reloaded again.
    Checked this in FireFox and IE, only had the problem in FireFox!
    Here's the link to a sample page that shows the problem:

- http://www.digitalbucket.net/samples/index.html

Sencha - Community Support Team jay@moduscreate.com's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all

i have the exact same issue when switching btwn tabs. This has been discussed before - but i can't find the thread.

Sencha - Community Support Team mystix's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mystix will become famous soon enough

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    brian.moeskau is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't think this is an Ext bug -- it is related to manipulating the flash object in various ways (explained below).

First off, unfortunately, I don't know of a way to make this work with animated collapse. The animation uses the slideOut effect, and I traced it through to the line of code that causes the flash object to reset (in Ext.Fx.fxWrap):
    Code:
    wrap.dom.appendChild(this.dom);
    The way slideOut works is that it creates a wrapping div (so that the element has something to slide out of), inserts it into the DOM just before the element (in this case before the panel's bwrap element) and finally makes the element (bwrap) a child of the fx wrapper. As soon as the flash object is moved, it immediately resets. You can even see it reset to zero as it starts to slide up, before it's even hidden. If there's a way around this, it's not obvious to me.

The good news is that you can make it work using non-animated collapse with a couple of changes. The flash object also has issues when you use display mode -- iframes have the same issue. If you simply add the config animCollapse:false, it still resets because Panels use display mode by default. However, this is not an Ext bug, it's the flash object itself not tolerating display mode changes. You can verify this by pulling up the HTML tab in Firebug on your test page and on the "x-panel-bwrap" node, edit the style inline. When you toggle display:none/block manually, the flash object resets. When you toggle visibility, it does not.

So the fix that works for me is setting animCollapse:false AND adjusting the body wrap element's visibility mode:
    Code:
            var pnl = new Ext.Panel({
                title: "Flash Content",
                renderTo: 'pnl1',
                collapsible: true,
                animCollapse: false,
                width: 300,
                height: 70,
                html: player
            });
            pnl.bwrap.visibilityMode = Ext.Element.VISIBILITY;

Sencha - Community Support Team jay@moduscreate.com's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all

Mystix, thanks dude

Brian,

I agree - if it happens *only* in firefox i'm OK. In my particular instance I had an iframe that is inside a tabpanel container, when switching tabs, the flash objects get reloaded. In fact, I notice all Iframe HTML getting reloaded. Not a huge issue for me, just may annoy some of my customers. I tell'em tough cookies for now.

Firefox, as fun as it is to use, is so ing annoying sometimes. In ext2, rendering dialogs, etc is weird because of the 'progressive can' like drawing. The issue w/ the cursor is another very annoying issue. Add that to the iframe reloading ...

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    arnoldcarrington is on a distinguished road

I am getting reboot problem in PC all of a sudden this is happening for almost a week i hardly get time to work in my home PC . I think some virus might be effected the PC . any suggestions
    motorcycle lawyer