Vote Rating
    keckeroo will become famous soon enough

Default PR3 and the side effect of doing away with 'dockedItems'

PR3 and the side effect of doing away with 'dockedItems'

Hi all,

Don't know if anyone else has run into this - and don't really know the benefit of lumping dockedItems into all the other items but ...

.removeAll() now conveniently (?) removes ALL items in a component - including the docked ones.

What happens when we have a panel with reusable toolbars and we wish to just replace the items and keep the toolbars intact without having to incur the cost of recreating the toolbars ?

Any chance that Sencha could add a parameter to the removeAll so that we can keep the docked items in a component for re-use ?

Thanks.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

I actually reported this earlier, it's a behavior change that isn't very welcomed IMO. What I do is execute getInnerItems() on the container which will return an Array of the items that aren't docked... Now I can iterate through that Array and remove() it from it's parent... until it gets fixed however they are going to do it.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Thread Participants: 1