Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Pappie is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Multi select options in sencha 2

Unanswered: Multi select options in sencha 2

Hi everyone,

I have used selectfield for dropdown. but i need to select multiple options.

Can any one help to select multiple options in sencha 2?

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like the out of the box Select field doesn't support multi select. The problem having multi select on the Select field is if you use it on a tablet or desktop, it is the list which can support multi select but if you use it on a phone, it's a picker which isn't multi select so you can't rely on Select being multi select.

I created an extension that did this for Sencha Touch 1 that I gave the developer the option to choose between a list, dataview and picker. Since I gave the developer the choice, I could then allow multi select on the list and dataview. The problem with this is now the web app won't be true to it's native cousins as on a phone the picker should be used.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    shaneavery is on a distinguished road

Hello,

I am trying to use the muti-select extension you designed for Sencha Touch 1 with Sencha Touch 2 PR3 and have had some success getting it updated. My app is designed for a tablet, so I am interested in the "list" mode of your extension.

One issue: line 207 uses a deprecated property - fieldEl. When debugging, the console reports below from line 40862 of sencha-touch-all-debug.js:

"[DEPRECATE][Ext.form.ux.touch.MultiSelect#undefined] 'fieldEl' is deprecated, please use getInput() to get an instance of Ext.field.Field instead"

And then Afterwards:

"
    Uncaught TypeError: Object [object Object] has no method 'getInput'"

My question is: how would you recommend changing that line of code such that the correct property is set using Sencha Touch2 PR3's updated components?

Thanks again for providing this.

Thread Participants: 2