Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    rossmurphy is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Ext.Application vs Ext.Setup

Unanswered: Ext.Application vs Ext.Setup

Can someone explain the difference between using Ext.Application and then the launch property versus using Ext.Setup and the onReady property?

I've seen many tutorials each using different methods to begin the application.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Are you using Sencha Touch? If so, what version?
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    rossmurphy is on a distinguished road

Sencha Touch 1.1.1

Answers
    Vote Rating
    tobiu is a name known to all tobiu is a name known to all tobiu is a name known to all tobiu is a name known to all tobiu is a name known to all tobiu is a name known to all

i have moved your topic here then, ext js 3 did not fit

ext.application is meant to be used when creating apps that follow our mvc pattern. you can use ext.onReady or setup as well, imho best for small apps that do not need to be an ext.application.

the event is the same in all 3 usecases (document ready and ext framework ready), so you have the freedom of choice.
    Best regards
    Tobias Uhlig

S-CIRCLES Social Network Engine

Touch Premium Member
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    baushaug is on a distinguished road

Default Ext.Application vs Ext.Setup

Ext.Application vs Ext.Setup

I'm totally new to Sencha Touch, coming from application development Java/.NET background. Understanding is not the problem, yet when presentation of information is not clear it makes ramping up on new technology more difficult than necessary.

tobiu thanks for that response, you clarify a little better compared to other post I've seen on this subject.

Thread Participants: 3