Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    tino7_03 is on a distinguished road

Default DataView Paging

DataView Paging

Dear,
    I'm working for create an application with large data to display. Is it a paging solution in sencha touch 2 for DataView component? I'm testing Ext.ux.touch.grid. It is a very good component!!!! Buat when I load 1000 records the dataview performances are very slow...
    Can you give me an idea for using st2 in this scenario?
    thanks in advance.

Fausto

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

You are programming for a mobile device. In the user of your app mindset, would you want to scroll through 1,000 rows? I wouldn't so yes... you should page your records. I find 25 to be pretty good but for performance it depends on your template structure.

If I have time, I will be building a paging feature to the grid.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

You are th number one! The paging solution is perfect for me!
    Thanks very much!!!

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

In the 1.x framework version there is a Buffered List. It is not important (because now i can use paging), but can you think is it possible to extend the buffer to your grid component?
    Thanks again.
    Fausto

Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by tino7_03 View Post
    In the 1.x framework version there is a Buffered List. It is not important (because now i can use paging), but can you think is it possible to extend the buffer to your grid component?
    Thanks again.
    Fausto
    I do not like the buffered list as on a mobile device, I don't want to keep scrolling. I'd rather use paging.

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    MahlerFreak is on a distinguished road

I'm currently working on a version of the BufferedList for ST2, which will include paging, essentially turning it into an "infinite list". The basics are up and running, but I've got several more days work on all of the features and corner cases before I can release it.

On the paging vs. scrolling thing for large data sets, it depends on both personal preference and the nature of the data. Large data sets with scrolling and index bar are a basic browsing paradigm in the mobile iTunes and iTunes Remote apps, for instance. But having some kind of rational way to group the data against index bar entries is necessary for that kind of implementation.

Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by MahlerFreak View Post
    On the paging vs. scrolling thing for large data sets, it depends on both personal preference and the nature of the data.
    That's why I never say don't do it

Is your BufferedList work on DataView or are you just targeting List?

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    MahlerFreak is on a distinguished road

I'm specifically targeting List at the moment, but in fact generalizing it to dataView (at least for scrolling in only one direction) would be pretty easy. I'm having to override a big chunk of dataView implementation, as it is (mostly because the assumption of 1-1 mapping between list dom nodes and data records is baked into so many functions there).

There appears to be enough flux from release to release right now, that I probably won't try to do the generalization until we think the APIs are fairly nailed down.

Vote Rating
    torre76 is on a distinguished road

Hello,

since I needed a solution for DataView Paging, I extended the ListPaging plugin that came with Sencha Touch Framework.
    It is a bare implementation but it is a working one.

https://github.com/torre76/ST2-DataViewPaging

Feel free to use and enhance it.

film izle

hd film izle

film sitesi

takipci kazanma sitesi

takipci kazanma sitesi

güzel olan herşey

takipci alma sitesi

komik eğlenceli videolar