Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    UbuntuPenguin is on a distinguished road

Default Answered: Component Lifecycle

Answered: Component Lifecycle

Hello Everyone,
    Where can I learn more about the various component lifecycle functions and properties. I have run into "initialize" but I can't seem to find too many others. Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. There is initialize as you already mentioned, and that is about all you need to worry about. This is because you already have access to the component element at that point, even if it is not rendered, because we store it in the browser memory.

There is also the destroy() method to... destroy the component.

It is also sometimes useful to listen to the painted and erased events. Painted is fired when the components element is shown on the screen, erased is when it is hidden on the screen.

Sencha - Sencha Touch Dev Team rdougan's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    rdougan will become famous soon enough

There is initialize as you already mentioned, and that is about all you need to worry about. This is because you already have access to the component element at that point, even if it is not rendered, because we store it in the browser memory.

There is also the destroy() method to... destroy the component.

It is also sometimes useful to listen to the painted and erased events. Painted is fired when the components element is shown on the screen, erased is when it is hidden on the screen.
    Sencha Inc.
    Robert Dougan - @rdougan
    Sencha Touch 2 and Ext JS 4 Core Team Member, SASS/Theming Wizard.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    UbuntuPenguin is on a distinguished road

Thanks again rdougan, I was just wondering because of past experiences with other languages and wanted to make sure I wasn't assuming something I shouldn't have.

Thread Participants: 1