Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    chandran09 is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Highlighting the occurance of certain words selected from a textAreaField

Unanswered: Highlighting the occurance of certain words selected from a textAreaField

Hai,

I want to check the occurance of certain keywords in the textAreaField. If the word is present, i want to highlight that word in some form either in html format or anything else. Please help me to find an answer for how to check the keywords in the textField with certain predefined set of keywords as well as how to highlight those words in case of a match. I'm in an urgent need. Please help me as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    sruthi v m is on a distinguished road

hi...
    i'm looking for the same..

Answers
    Vote Rating
    slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold

I don't know of a way to do it in Ext's library. I've looked before and didn't see anything (perhaps I overlooked it).

You might try looking at the following script:
    http://webcloud.se/log/Selecting-text-with-JavaScript/

Thread Participants: 2