Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Chuckda4th is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Making the menu structure in kitchen sink pull from a database

Unanswered: Making the menu structure in kitchen sink pull from a database

Looking for a bit of help on modifying the kitchen sink demo so that the menu on the left pulls from a SQL server database.

My main goal is to set up a page such that an admin can change the menu structure in kitchen sink a web page. I have a SQL database built that stores the structure, and the admin utility is 90% done. My next step is getting the actual front end to use that info in the database.

I have experience building AJAX calls in HTML that hit ASP pages to inject code into the HTML based on a query in the database, but I'm having some issues doing effectively the same thing on the kitchen sink demo so that the menu structure is updated. I know that the structure.js file is what drives the menu structure, and I've manually edited that to update with a static menu, so I'm familiar with that. My main issue is how do I update the structure.js file so it can hit a server-side .asp page to pull in an array with the current structure from the database.

I should be fine once I have the array pulled in from the .asp page, but I just don't know to do that so its accessible from the structure.js file.

Thanks a bunch in advance!

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

The menu structure is just a nested list I believe which uses a tree store which you can setup to load tree structure.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Do you have any examples of how to pull the tree store from an AJAX source?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

I see that Sencha offers support services - do they offer paid consulting to build the page that I need?

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckda4th View Post
    I see that Sencha offers support services - do they offer paid consulting to build the page that I need?
    We have a professional services team that you can contract out.

http://www.sencha.com/contact/
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

I tried contacting them via the link you posted a couple weeks ago now, but still have not heard back.

I see that we probably need to use Ext.data.TreeStore, but I can't find any examples where it is populated from a database. I've come across a few code examples of what doesn't work for people trying to do almost the same thing, but those ones in particular were never replied to.

Any ideas?

Thread Participants: 1