Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    olouvignes is on a distinguished road

Default Performance boost when compressing ST2.0 on device

Performance boost when compressing ST2.0 on device

I've been working with ST for a few months now, and since i always had core patches, i was only testing my apps using uncompressed with comment library. I was sure it would imply a longer load time. However I did not think it would also impact loaded-app animation&reactivity perf !

And that's quite a huge boost, more noticeable on lists & touch/click interaction.
    was only smooth on a 4GS. some list were quite sluggish on a 4G.

Now it is almost perfect on a 3GS & 4G.

I'm using Assetic with YuiCompressor to compile (with .jar) all my JS & CSS to a single file.
    (it looks like ST2 is broken by Google Closure compiler, will retry).

Regards,

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

You do know we have our own SDK Tools that will do a custom build right? So you load sencha-touch.js (the core with no widgets) and in your MVC app class files if you have the requires/uses/etc setup correctly then the SDK Tools will include your app classes and the Sencha Touch classes you required but aren't part of the sencha-touch.js core file.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Thread Participants: 1