Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    arunc is on a distinguished road

Default build in mvc!

build in mvc!

hai all,

i have developed an mvc application in sencha touch 2.

Is it necessarily to build the application before i launch this??

How can i do the build??

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Did you use the requires and uses (and the rest) while developing?

Before finishing a MVC app, you should do a build:

sencha create jsb -a index.html -p app.jsb3
    sencha build -p app.jsb3 -d ./
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Can you explain those commands...What does it do?

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

sencha create jsb -a index.html -p app.jsb3
    What this will do is create the jsb3 file that will be used to create the build. You point it to your app entry point (usually the index.html) and tell it what to name the jsb3 file. This will go through you app files and parse your requires/uses/views/models/stores/controllers arrays and create a dependency list in the order you need it to be in.

sencha build -p app.jsb3 -d ./
    This is what will do the actual combining and minifying of the code based on the jsb3. You give it the name of the jsb3 file and the directory to place the files in.

These two steps could have been combined into one command but the benefit of leaving them separate is that you can edit the jsb3 file that will be used int he 2nd command. You probably won't do it much but it can be useful.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Thanks Mitchell...

Thread Participants: 1