Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    desmo is on a distinguished road

Tested it using apache (xampp/osx) and safari.

Problems still exist: language switch fails (json cant be decoded) and the text of green/red button in the lower left corner is missing. Used lib: sencha-touch-debug.js (st 2.0.0 commercial).

Quote Originally Posted by mitchellsimoens View Post
    You must always run your app through a web server.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

I use it on apache (apache comes installed on OSX) and without any changes to the MVC app of ST2 it works with no issues.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

I have uploaded a test project (essentially your github mvc project):

http://www.i-byte.net/ux/st/mvc/

Browsers tested: current Chrome, current Safari.

Screenshot: Untitled.jpg

Buttons lower left (missing texts), language switch is ignored.

Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, it was working with the 2.0.1 RC version but upgrading to 2.0.1 final and the buttons do break. I also noticed your link is using 2.0.0. I will be fixing it for 2.0.1 final so you will probably need to upgrade it to 2.0.1

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Ok!

Ok, it was working with the 2.0.1 RC version but upgrading to 2.0.1 final and the buttons do break. I also noticed your link is using 2.0.0. I will be fixing it for 2.0.1 final so you will probably need to upgrade it to 2.0.1

Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by desmo View Post
    Ok!
    Turns out it is a framework bug. The override for the component that sets the flag to have enableLocale set to true is not being executed as it was.

This isn't the first time this bug has creeped up so I guess I will need to work around it a different way. For now you can set enableLocale : true and locale : Ux.locale.Manager on the buttons and that will enable it to work. I have pushed an update that will fix it for now until I fix it for good (hopefully)

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Thanks for taking time to look into the bug & the workaround!

Turns out it is a framework bug. The override for the component that sets the flag to have enableLocale set to true is not being executed as it was.

This isn't the first time this bug has creeped up so I guess I will need to work around it a different way. For now you can set enableLocale : true and locale : Ux.locale.Manager on the buttons and that will enable it to work. I have pushed an update that will fix it for now until I fix it for good (hopefully)

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

One last question: the picker done/cancel button texts are also not updating when the language is switched. It seems like enabling locale & setting the locale manager in (override) Picker.js (doneButton, cancelButton) is not the correct way to solve this.

Quote Originally Posted by desmo View Post
    Thanks for taking time to look into the bug & the workaround!

Vote Rating

Just pushed an update. I cannot reproduce it anymore with a couple changes. Let me know if this fixes it for you

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Looks good now, thanks

Just pushed an update. I cannot reproduce it anymore with a couple changes. Let me know if this fixes it for you