Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    bagusflyer is on a distinguished road

Default Using Dashcode to edit Sencha Touch project

Using Dashcode to edit Sencha Touch project

I started to learn Sencha Touch since last week. And I found there is no good editor. I've tried Konomo editor, Eclipse etc. At last I decided to give Dashcode a try. To my surprise, after a few try and error, I managed to setup my sencha touch MVC project in Dashcode and I can edit, debug/run (through simulator browser) inside Dashcode (I can even setup breakpoint and distribute my whole project by compress my js file).

In order to make it a perfect editor for Sencha Touch, I need:

1. Fix the crash problem by double click my project file (It's no problem to use Dashcode File->open to open the project file)
    2. Create a Dashcode template for Sencha Touch (To remove some unnecessary files/folders from original project)
    3. Auto-complete

If anybody is interested at this, we can discuss and research together to make Dashcode a free and perfect sencha touch editor.
    Last edited by bagusflyer; 28 Dec 2011 at 8:19 AM. Reason: Add one more todo

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

I get frustrated with Dashcode. IntelliJ IDEA is my editor of choice but I disable most of it's features. Plugins are nice to have.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    bagusflyer is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by mitchellsimoens View Post
    I get frustrated with Dashcode. IntelliJ IDEA is my editor of choice but I disable most of it's features. Plugins are nice to have.
    May I know why you don't like Dashcode? I think it's very fast and very easy to help me to debug.

Is Intelli J IDEA support debug/breakpoint and free? Maybe I should give it a try.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

free? no, $200 USD.

I don't like Dashcode because there are a few features I like. But the one thing I enjoy doing is being able to jump to the front of the code, not the line by pressing command + left-arrow. It jumps to the beginning of the code not the line. In Dashcode, it will always jump to the beginning of the line and I have to use the mouse to get to the front of the code. I am a little anal on some things but that is enough to deter me from using it. I still use it when I want to read code but not for editing.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    mitaligupta1212 is on a distinguished road

Default dashcode

dashcode

I am newbie too and found dashcode nice utility. Can anyone help in how to adjust sencha to dashcode pls.