Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    andy13c72back is on a distinguished road

Default So many examples failed in Chrome!!!

So many examples failed in Chrome!!!

I opened form examples in Chrome and they showed nothing or broken UI. The console outputted 'dom is null' or sth like that.

Sencha - Community Support Team edspencer's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    edspencer is a jewel in the rough edspencer is a jewel in the rough edspencer is a jewel in the rough

Which release are you referring to?
    Ext JS Senior Software Architect
    Personal Blog: http://edspencer.net
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/edspencer
    Github: http://github.com/edspencer

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    dsk1962 is on a distinguished road

Default Same problem

Same problem

ext-4.1.0-beta-1.zip. 'Forms' examples do not work.

Dynamic Forms :

In FF : Ext.util.CSS.getRule("." + Ext.baseCSSPrefix + "form-trigger") is undefined

In Chrome : Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'style' of undefined

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    andy13c72back is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by edspencer View Post
    Which release are you referring to?
    I used 4.1 beta. And today, I switched my project from 4.0.7 to 4.1, almost all forms layouts are broken and behaves weird, so I had to switch it back. I guess there'll be a LONG LONG way for the final release of 4.1.

Vote Rating
    skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future

There's another thread relating to Ext.util.CSS.getRule returning undefined:

http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?164988

I'm not saying it's necessarily the same problem, just joining some dots.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    silvereen is on a distinguished road

Default Similar Thread

Similar Thread

I have opened a similar thread a few days ago showing the errors causing the UI to fail to render under chrome.

http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?167675

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    basememara is on a distinguished road

I can confirm there is indeed a problem in 4.1 Beta. My application resides on a cross-domain server. In my Ext.application section, I have the appFolder property pointed to its full URL (so remote sites know where to access it). Where my app resides, I also have enabled "cross-origin resource sharing" via this in Apache:

Code:
    Header set Access-Control-Allow-Origin *
    When remote sites reference my app, I get these errors in 4.1 Beta as others:

In FF : Ext.util.CSS.getRule("." + Ext.baseCSSPrefix + "form-trigger") is undefined
    In Chrome : Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'style' of undefined

When I switch my app to use 4.0.7-gpl, IT ALL WORKS PERFECT on the remote sites!

I get dozens of errors in Firebug with 4.1 beta. It looks like they all stem out from here in Chrome:
    "Ext.apply.injectScriptElement.onLoadFn ext-all-debug-w-comments.js:8804"

Code:
         /**
             * Inject a script element to document's head, call onLoad and onError accordingly
             * @private
             */
            injectScriptElement: function(url, onLoad, onError, scope) {
                var script = document.createElement('script'),
                    me = this,
                    onLoadFn = function() {
                        me.cleanupScriptElement(script);
                        onLoad.call(scope); <<----ERROR HAPPENS HERE (LINE 8804)
                    },
                    onErrorFn = function() {
                        me.cleanupScriptElement(script);
                        onError.call(scope);
                    };

script.type = 'text/javascript';
                script.src = url;
                script.onload = onLoadFn;
                script.onerror = onErrorFn;
                script.onreadystatechange = function() {
                    if (this.readyState === 'loaded' || this.readyState === 'complete') {
                        onLoadFn();
                    }
                };

this.documentHead.appendChild(script);

return script;
            },
    Last edited by basememara; 3 Jan 2012 at 5:33 AM. Reason: Added console error

Ext JS Premium Member sumit.madan's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    sumit.madan has a spectacular aura about sumit.madan has a spectacular aura about

All my applications are broken in 4.1 beta. Even the most basic components which touched tooltips, layouts or forms don't work anymore. If this is the preview of the things to come, I'm afraid the effort to upgrade to 4.1 from 4.0.7 will be as involved as what I faced from 3.4 to 4.0.7

Now, I'm at crossroads again, to decide the framework to use for new projects. Probably I should wait for a 4.1 stable version to be released. However, it looks like a long time before all the issues with 4.1 beta will be addressed

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    brentdooley999 is on a distinguished road

I've recently converted our large application from 3.4 to 4.0.7. It took a very long time and a LOT of work. However, I feel like it was a positive experience because upon going through EVERY line of code I found quite a few things that I was able to optimize and make better. The net effect of the conversion was a 4.0.7 application that actually ran better and faster than my 3.4 application.

When the 4.1 performance preview came out a few months ago I tried it and it failed. Nothing would load. I was still converting my code to 4.0.x so I really didn't bother trying to make it work because I knew it was just a preview.

When the 4.1 beta dropped last week it took about 5 mintues to get the thing to work on my local dev environment. I can't get it to work on our test server due to a CSS problem that it currently being discussed, but it works great locally.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is that the 4.0.7 to 4.1 upgrade shouldn't cause any problems if you've coded your 4.0.7 application with the 4.x standards. I'm excited to see 4.1 drop so I can finally merge all of my code into one live version and move all of our customers off of our old HTML application once and for all.

Vote Rating
    skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future

@brentdooley999. An interesting story and one that resonates with my own experiences. I tried upgrading a handful of my own applications from 4.0.6 to 4.1-beta-1 and while I found a number of nasty bugs I did manage to get everything basically working pretty quickly. Perhaps I was just lucky, maybe I'm not using the features with the worst bugs.

I like to think that I follow best practices and write some pretty tidy code, yet about half of the problems I hit were due to mistakes in my code that had somehow worked in 4.0. All were quickly solved once I realized it was my mistake.

I haven't heard anyone else report speed improvements moving from 3.4 to 4.0.7 but your story is consistent with my own belief that many applications have plenty to gain in performance just by following best practices.