Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    flanders will become famous soon enough

We're also building a new version of our application against 4.1.0-b1 and so far it's going quiete awesome. Not always taken the time to discover beautifull solutions, but this what i can remember from the last week and a half:

Over 5000 lines of JS ported, quite some CSS theming with the only issues faced:
    • Horizontal scollbars in every grid/tree (already reported)
    • Models for trees seem to ignore an property 'name' (quickly moved to 'text' since know issues with the models in trees and gave it no further thought so no idea if it is a bug or not
    • Stores seem to autoload even if configured not to. Adding autoLoad: true keeps the mask in view always. Fixed by removing all autoloads. Don't know if this is reported yet.
    • In some cases hbox doesn't behave exactly as before. So far solved by just moving to column.
    If more comes up I'll update the post

Vote Rating
    slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of

I had the issue with horizontal scrollbars in my tree no matter what and I reported it and evant wasn't able to reproduce the issue.

If I put the example case on my work Windows servers I get scrollbars. If I put it up on my own personal webserver on linux I don't get the issue - same code.

If you have a test case or any additional details to share you might post it to:
    http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?170603-4.1-B1-Tree-horizontal-scroll-(node-wider-than-owning-container)

T
    hus far it's not formally listed as a bug to my knowledge.

Ext JS Premium Member sumit.madan's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    sumit.madan has a spectacular aura about sumit.madan has a spectacular aura about

Although everyone have their own definition of standards, all components written in our applications use ext-dev.js and every error is fixed. Though we don't care about MVC, we strictly follow the Ext.define syntax to create new classes derived from base ExtJS components.

That said, the upgrade is ExtJS 4.1beta is nothing less than a complete overhaul of some of our components. The <table> tags to render form fields (and possibly other components) is a surprising choice which is a step backwards from using <div> in the earlier versions to render components. As a result, simple things like adding a padding to fields, using css absolute positioning no longer work.

Tooltips behave erratically, and they turn modal windows into non-modal and steal focus from fields when they are shown and sometimes they don't get shown at all. I read that tooltips are getting a complete overhaul in 4.1 beta 2.

These and other bugs are just off our login page, I'm sure when I start to look into the broken stuff in the main interface (grids, tree, menus, stores etc.) I'll unearth several other issues. The point is, I don't get paid to report bugs for Sencha and with the beta 1 results, I'm worried that the upgrade from 4.0.7 is anything but easy.

The road from 4.0 to 4.0.7 was a long one, and its looking the same for 4.1.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    al@Door7 is on a distinguished road

Default All Examples Fail

All Examples Fail

Hello,

I loaded up Sencha for the first time to evaluate using for a new project I need to get rolling quickly. This has really stumped, here's what happened.

Files were copied into local web server directory, I went to the examples page, icons had failed to load, clicking on example, doesn't work, get this message -

'The requested URL /sencha-touch-2.0.0-commercial/examples/production/forms_toolbar/index.html was not found on this server.' I tried adding in a 'production' folder to the directory, didn't help.

I looked at javascript console, errors galore. Click around some more, then the example icons load up, test a few, and they look gorgeous. Go home, next morning, same errors pop up, but I can't get it to work on the original machine, and on a second machine.

I'm using Chrome with a local WAMP server, running the files from the server. I figure it must something basic, but can't find it. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Sencha - Community Support Team mankz's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mankz is a name known to all mankz is a name known to all mankz is a name known to all mankz is a name known to all mankz is a name known to all mankz is a name known to all

Sounds like your includes are messed up? Check net tab for any 404s and make sure to bust the cache too.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    al@Door7 is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by mankz View Post
    Sounds like your includes are messed up? Check net tab for any 404s and make sure to bust the cache too.
    Sorry, not following about the includes. I haven't written any code, its the examples included in Touch2 SDK that aren't working. I didn't see anything about having to config the sdk...? I just copied it into my server directory. Clearing the cache hasn't work. Thanks for the reply.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    pilipenok is on a distinguished road

ext-4.2.1-gpl
    Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
    Chrome 30.0.1599.114

Failed on autoloading controller class in
    Ext.apply.injectScriptElement ext-all-debug.js:6262
    6261: script.src = url;
    6262: (Loader.documentHead || document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0]).appendChild(script);

The file successfully is opened in separate tab. There're no syntax errors.
    There's the same error when the file is empty!

BTW, in Firefox the application works fine.