Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    shawn3925@gmail.com is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Testing GWT 3.0 in Dev Mode - Very Slow Performance (60+ secs to render)

Unanswered: Testing GWT 3.0 in Dev Mode - Very Slow Performance (60+ secs to render)

We are getting very slow performance (60 sec +) when the screens are rendered in the browser. Using 3.0 beta. Small changes take long to render. Very frustrating when testing. We have a simple Menu with some Tabs.

Appreciate any input to enhance performance.

Running in Eclipse (dev mode: com.google.gwt.dev.DevMode). Have increased memory to 1024

Program Arguments
    -port 8888 -server com.google.appengine.tools.development.gwt.AppEngineLauncher -startupUrl Test.html -remoteUI "${gwt_remote_ui_server_port}:${unique_id}" -logLevel INFO -codeServerPort 9997 -war C:\Users\xxxx\eclipse\test\war com.test.gwt.Test

VM Arguments:
    -Ddatastore.default_high_rep_job_policy_unapplied_job_pct=50 -Xmx1024m -javaagent:C:\eclipse\plugins\com.google.appengine.eclipse.sdkbundle_1.6.1.v201112160242r37\appengine-java-sdk-1.6.1\lib\agent\appengine-agent.jar

Ext GWT Premium Member
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    gishmo is on a distinguished road

Compared to GXT 2.2.5 I could not recgnized significant performance issues. In fact, I recognized nothing. The test was done with a complex page with BorderLayout, Accordians, several trees, Grids, Portlets and TabPanels. I migrated parts of my (complex) app to GXT 3.0.0. The compare shows some difference and a few problems, but no problems with performance.

Do you need the appengine? If not, remove it.

Set the LogLevel to TRACE. Maybe the output gives you an idea where to search for the lost of performance.

Thread Participants: 1