Ext GWT Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    DavidHoffer is on a distinguished road

Question GXT Timeline UI Component?

GXT Timeline UI Component?

I have a new application I'd like to make using GWT/GXT but ideally it would contain a graphical timeline display. I've attached a couple of screenshots. The basic idea is that each row represents some entity that has a start and stop date...it shows a colored bar from the start to stop date...the times are shown in the header in a hierarchical fashion. I didn't see a GXT component for this, how could this be done?
    Timeline1.pngTimeline2.jpg

Software Architect
    Vote Rating
    sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light

With only knowing the UI requirement you have shown here, this can easily be done with the GXT Grid component and some small changes. You would need to have a custom GridView

Ext GWT Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    DavidHoffer is on a distinguished road

That's an interesting idea, how easy is it to make that custom colored UI graphic with optional text per row?

Software Architect
    Vote Rating
    sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light

To just create the UI you have shown above i would calculate 30 minutes.

And than it depends how much interaction you require and how often you want to change/customize that code.

Vote Rating
    Roddarn is on a distinguished road

Hi.

You can try the Gxt Scheduler.
    http://www.gxt-scheduler.com/

Thread Participants: 2