Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    silcreval is on a distinguished road

Default What's happened to dynamic loading?

What's happened to dynamic loading?

Just trying ext 4.1.0 beta 1 on a simple login app.

I use the ext 4.0 dynamic loading system for development, but get this when
    I try to use ext-4.1. I assumed 'ext-all-dev' is the new 'ext-debug' :

Ext.Loader is not enabled, so dependencies cannot be resolved dynamically. Missing required class: Ext.ux.mystuff.dialog.Login http://*****/ext/ext-debug.js Line 5659

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Did you enable it?

Code:
    Ext.Loader.setConfig({
        enabled : true
    });
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha - Ext JS Dev Team dongryphon's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by silcreval View Post
    Just trying ext 4.1.0 beta 1 on a simple login app.

I use the ext 4.0 dynamic loading system for development, but get this when
    I try to use ext-4.1. I assumed 'ext-all-dev' is the new 'ext-debug' :

Ext.Loader is not enabled, so dependencies cannot be resolved dynamically. Missing required class: Ext.ux.mystuff.dialog.Login Line 5659
    You should be able to configure the loader and enable it:

PHP Code:
    <script type="text/javascript" src="ext-all-dev.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript">
        Ext.Loader.setConfig({
            enabled: true,
            paths: {
                My: 'my_own_path'
            }
        });
    </script> 
    I'm not sure why this would be different between 4.0 and 4.1. I will have to ask Jacky.
    Don Griffin
    Ext JS Development Team Lead

Check the docs. Learn how to (properly) report a framework issue and a Sencha Cmd issue

"Use the source, Luke!"

Vote Rating
    dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by mitchellsimoens View Post
    Did you enable it?
    @Mitchell - you are too fast!
    Don Griffin

Check the docs. Learn how to (properly) report a framework issue and a Sencha Cmd issue

"Use the source, Luke!"

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    pscanlon1 is on a distinguished road

I used to be able to load extjs class files all seperately....Did this behavior change? In 4.0 It would load a lot of files, but debugging was wayyyyy easier. Any way that we can still do this? I was using ext-all-dev.js before

Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by pscanlon1 View Post
    I used to be able to load extjs class files all seperately....Did this behavior change? In 4.0 It would load a lot of files, but debugging was wayyyyy easier. Any way that we can still do this? I was using ext-all-dev.js before
    ext.js has only the minimum amount of stuff to get started. You can then Ext.require('*') or only what you need and they will load as separate scripts.

ext-all-dev.js should contain all classes. But I would have thought ext-all-dev.js would be the same experience between 4.0 and 4.1 though.
    Don Griffin

"Use the source, Luke!"

Vote Rating
    skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by silcreval View Post
    I assumed 'ext-all-dev' is the new 'ext-debug'
    No, they're not the same. It seems that ext-debug.js and ext-dev.js are both missing from 4.1.0-beta-1.

To decode a little:
    • all means the whole library in one file. If it doesn't have all in the name then it uses dynamic loading.
    • debug means the source is not minified.
    • dev means the source is not minified too but it also means that the console warnings have been left in.

As ext-debug.js is missing, try using ext.js instead.

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    scancubus is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by skirtle View Post
    No, they're not the same. It seems that ext-debug.js and ext-dev.js are both missing from 4.1.0-beta-1.

To decode a little:
    • all means the whole library in one file. If it doesn't have all in the name then it uses dynamic loading.
    • debug means the source is not minified.
    • dev means the source is not minified too but it also means that the console warnings have been left in.
    As ext-debug.js is missing, try using ext.js instead.

+ 1,000,000

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    bmacdon1 will become famous soon enough

Any reason why they were removed / Are they going to be replaced?

Bryan

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

It seems just to be an oversight. GA release will be done properly
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.