Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    jtb4x is on a distinguished road

Default Ext.Date UTC Support?

Ext.Date UTC Support?

We (and I think many others) prefer to do date calculations in UTC, and then display a localized version of the date when we want to format/display it to the screen (if desired...we generally just keep UTC). I've been overriding a bunch of Ext.Date functions to get this to work, but was wondering if there was either a different way to do this, or plans on your part to provide some UTC support in the future.

Thanks,
    Jeff

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

There is an open bug report to be able to change timezones. Is that what you are having problems with?
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating

essentially...we're specifically looking to do our date arithmetic, formatting, etc. in UTC, but to be able to do that stuff in any specified time zone would be great. Sorry that I didn't see the bug report - do you mind linking to it so I can follow?

Thanks

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

I opened it internally when I ran into the issue. There is no release currently planned to include a fix for this but yes... it is planned.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    daniel123 is on a distinguished road

Default any progress?

any progress?

Hello,

I am currently starting with a new app and need to support universal dates.
    Any idea on when we can expect something?
    or not for that matters, then I roll my own....

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Default Google Closure Library

Google Closure Library

Hey Daniel,
    We ended up overriding some of the Ext.Date methods so we could control all date manipulating ourselves. Also, ended up using google's closure library within many of those function for solid handling of time zone manipulation.

Best of luck,
    Jeff

Thread Participants: 2