Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    pete_by is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Were the comments removed before Beta compilation?

Unanswered: Were the comments removed before Beta compilation?

Since beta it comes much harder to debug because source lines and the execution pointer does not match. It looks like the comments were removed prior the code building phase. Could you please resolve this?

Sencha - GXT Dev Team
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light

Comments are added in the build, in the form of copyright headers, but nothing was removed. Is it possible that you have more than one copy of the jar around, and are running/debugging against inconsistent copies?

I'll re-verify that adding those headers does not effect debugging. What IDE, JDK, etc are you using?

Sencha - GXT Dev Team
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light

Okay, I've confirmed the issue - the source in the regular jar matches the class files, but apparently the maven source:jar built a jar with missing comments. We cannot modify the jars in maven central after they've been deployed, but I will make sure this doesn't happen in future releases.

Thanks for the report.

Sencha - GXT Dev Team
    Answers
    Vote Rating

Beta 2 has been released, and is available for download. It should be synced to Maven Central within two hours, and this issue should be resolved.

Answers
    Vote Rating
    PhiLho is on a distinguished road

Lightbulb

Perhaps you should officially announce new versions in this section as well, as opposed to only the generic Ext GWT: Open Discussion which I missed until today... Thanks.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

The update to beta2 did not solve the issue for me, it looks like that nothing has changed...

Sencha - GXT Dev Team
    Answers
    Vote Rating

Probably should make sure you have the latest then: when I look on search.maven.org for gxt and directly download the gxt-sources.jar file (at http://search.maven.org/remoteconten...a2-sources.jar) I see each file topped with javadoc. Same with the java files in the standard jar.

Can you verify that you have the same copy locally as is available in maven central?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

I looked into repository, source files that reside in compiled jar miss copyright notice:

/**
    * Ext GWT 3.0.0-beta2 - Ext for GWT
    * Copyright(c) 2007-2011, Sencha, Inc.
    * licensing@sencha.com
    * http://sencha.com/license
    */

though the files in sources jar has ones.

gxt-3.0.0-beta2-sources.jar.sha1 2f0f8533ef9cfab9111cf61a4af1be8c6343a7ec
    gxt-3.0.0-beta2.jar.sha1 e4ee8b182f70c78718d7070d84626e47f1e48e4c

my IDE pulled out the sources jar automatically

I checked the source and compiled files at the link you gave me, and they are also have a bit different java files. Looks like I have to exclude the sources.jar.

Sencha - GXT Dev Team
    Answers
    Vote Rating

Well that's frustrating - that was the first thing I checked for the new build, but apparently I didn't check in the jar itself.

Thanks for keeping us honest, and I apologize for the mistake.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Not a big problem actually, as far as there is an easy workaround: just to specify the compiled jar in IDE as the source jar.

Thread Participants: 2