Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    near is on a distinguished road

Question Answered: ERROR WITH CHECKOLUMN

Answered: ERROR WITH CHECKOLUMN

Hi,
    I have a problem, with the "xtype": 'checkcolumn'. I can set a column in my grid, whose data index type is a boolean without problem, but when I try to set the column type to 'checkcolumn' I get this error:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot call method 'substring' of undefined,

Can anybody tell m what's wrong, is it a bug ?

Thank's in avance

Regards
    near

2. Using Ext.require will only help if you have the dynamic loader enabled and the UX files are in the right place.

You'd be better off just including it using a script tag. CheckColumn.js can be found in the ExtJS zip file you downloaded. It's in the directory examples/ux. It also needs a CSS file, CheckHeader.css, and the 2 images mentioned therein.

Touch Premium Member
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    Farish is a glorious beacon of light Farish is a glorious beacon of light Farish is a glorious beacon of light Farish is a glorious beacon of light Farish is a glorious beacon of light

What I am using is this:

Code:
    { header: 'Column header', dataIndex: 'booleanTypeFieldInStore', width: 135,  
      renderer: function(value) {    // This function converts true and false into checkbox checked or  unchecked
        if(value == "0" || value == "false")
          value = false;
        else if(value == "1" || value == "true")
          value = true;                    
        return "<input type='checkbox' disabled='disabled'" + (value ? "checked='checked'" : "") + ">";
      }
    }
    It renders an HTML checkbox in the grid cell.

Answers
    Vote Rating
    skirtle has much to be proud of skirtle has much to be proud of skirtle has much to be proud of skirtle has much to be proud of skirtle has much to be proud of skirtle has much to be proud of skirtle has much to be proud of skirtle has much to be proud of skirtle has much to be proud of skirtle has much to be proud of

CheckColumn isn't a part of the core library, it's a UX. That error means that you've forgotten to include the relevant JS file.

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating

Hi Skirtle,
    does the ext-all-debug.js include UX files ?

Touch Premium Member
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    Farish is a glorious beacon of light Farish is a glorious beacon of light Farish is a glorious beacon of light Farish is a glorious beacon of light Farish is a glorious beacon of light

No. You may include it by putting it in Ext.require:

Code:
    Ext.require([
        // any other things you use
        'Ext.ux.CheckColumn'
    ]);

Answers
    Vote Rating
    skirtle has much to be proud of skirtle has much to be proud of skirtle has much to be proud of skirtle has much to be proud of skirtle has much to be proud of skirtle has much to be proud of skirtle has much to be proud of skirtle has much to be proud of skirtle has much to be proud of skirtle has much to be proud of

Using Ext.require will only help if you have the dynamic loader enabled and the UX files are in the right place.

You'd be better off just including it using a script tag. CheckColumn.js can be found in the ExtJS zip file you downloaded. It's in the directory examples/ux. It also needs a CSS file, CheckHeader.css, and the 2 images mentioned therein.

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating

thank's guys ! it works !

Thread Participants: 2