1. #31
    Sencha User
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2
    Vote Rating
    0
    karinaonly is on a distinguished road

      0  

    Default help

    help


    please, show me the answer. i don't see that

  2. #32
    Sencha User
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2
    Vote Rating
    0
    karinaonly is on a distinguished road

      0  

    Default help 2

    help 2


    sorry for my stupid comment, but i can't find the solution for this problem. i am new at extjs, so please help me, if you can. I had same problem with <pre></pre>

  3. #33
    Sencha User
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2
    Vote Rating
    0
    ztomic2302 is on a distinguished road

      0  

    Default Pretty much the same problem

    Pretty much the same problem


    I have been fighting a similar issue for the past 2 days. Namely, my problem is related to the IE8 browser.

    Is there any way i could make the browser accept text/html content type? Current Accept looks like this:

    application/x-ms-application, image/jpeg, application/xaml+xml, image/gif, image/pjpeg, application/x-ms-xbap, application/x-shockwave-flash, */*

    And the value the browser gets from the server is of a type: application/x-ms-application

    The value returned from the server should be text/html as stated in the documentation, and the value returned is a String. It works for all other browsers apart from IE8 and lower.
    I tried various ways, such as response.setContentType("text/html"); the @Produces annotation and aswell manually handling the JSON decode method.

    None of it was successfull, as the IE8 somehow skipped the part where the response should be decoded...

    I also found a link to a postclaiming to explain this issue on the forums, but i am somehow not authorized to access that post
    http://extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8129

    Could you give me any hint, where to start next, what to do?

  4. #34
    Sencha User
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2
    Vote Rating
    0
    ztomic2302 is on a distinguished road

      0  

    Default Solved

    Solved


    Solved the IE8 issue
    Hope it will help someone,
    The Spring controller that handled the upload was set to void, instead of String that it had so far... And the body contained something like :
    Code:
            response.setContentType("text/html");
            response.getWriter().write(objectMapper.writeValueAsString(data));
            return;
    
            //instead of the return objectMapper.writeValueAsString(data); that it had before
    I know it's trivial, but took me some time to get to it...