Ext User
    Vote Rating
    beto.ch is on a distinguished road

i've a servlet to process the upload (spring), but how can i access to servlet response to change the contentType to text/html?

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    ypcheng is on a distinguished road

Wink tried and worked

tried and worked

after several hours of try and error, i got an solution that works in both ie and ff.

in your upload servelet:

response.setContentType("text/html");
    response.getWriter().write("{success:true,path:'"+actualFilePath+"'}");

then in your js

form.getForm().submit({
    url: '/upload',
    waitMsg: 'Uploading your file...',
    success: function(fp, o) {
    alert(o.result.path)
    }})

Sencha - Ext JS Dev Team Animal's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Animal is a jewel in the rough Animal is a jewel in the rough Animal is a jewel in the rough

Several hours instead of just reading the API docs?

http://extjs.com/deploy/dev/docs/?cl...form.BasicForm

Quote Originally Posted by TFM
    File Uploads

File uploads are not performed using Ajax submission, that is they are not performed using XMLHttpRequests. Instead the form is submitted in the standard manner with the DOM <form> element temporarily modified to have its target set to refer to a dynamically generated, hidden <iframe> which is inserted into the document but removed after the return data has been gathered.

The server response is parsed by the browser to create the document for the IFRAME. If the server is using JSON to send the return object, then the Content-Type header must be set to "text/html" in order to tell the browser to insert the text unchanged into the document body.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Uberdude is on a distinguished road

A problem arrises if your json response contains html tags:

{"response":{"message":"Unable to <b>parse<\/b> CSV."},"success":false}

Note the escaped forawrd slash '\/' in the Javascript string literal. This string is made with org.json.JSONObject#toString and is the correct string that when eval-ed gives you the correct js object (when using normal Ajax instead of file upload works fine). The problem is once written into the dynamic iframe with the content type of text/html (which avoids the <pre> tags you get with text/plain) the browser realisess this isn't valid html and patches it up so that when you extract it with r.responseText = doc.body.innerHTML; in function cb in Ext.data.Connection.doFormUpload) you end up with:

{"response":{"message":"Unable to <b>parse&lt;\/b&gt; CSV."},"success":false}</b>

When this gets eval-ed Ext expodes (in Ext.util.JSON.decode) with "unterminated regular expression literal" due to the forward slash in the '</b>' the browser inserted on the end of of our text to make it valid html.

Sencha - Community Support Team Condor's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of

Ext also supports sending the JSON back in a textarea, e.g.
    Code:
    <html><body><textarea>{"response":{"message":"Unable to <b>parse</b> CSV."},"success":false}</textarea></body></html>
    No escaping required as long as your JSON doesn't contain '</textarea>'.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Uberdude is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the quick reply Condor.

After writing my post I checked the Ext 3 docs (I'm on Ext 2.2.1) and saw that it does now mention escaping html.

The textarea fix is nice (and I'd always html escape contents to be safe, as Ext gets the .value rather than innerHtml you get right value), but not in Ext 2 . Another reason to upgrade!

Vote Rating
    Surinder singh is on a distinguished road

Lightbulb solved!

solved!

Use the following header when u are sending the response from the server.

header('Content-Type: text/html'); //php

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    ezzygemini is on a distinguished road

anyone found a solution?

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    ezzygemini is on a distinguished road

Apparently Chrome is doing this too and I found the solution:
    I switched the repsonse Content-Type on my JSON file to "text/json" instead of "application/json" (only when using the POST method).

It now works fine on my app.My guess is that is a security feature on some browsers.