9 Jan 2012 12:55 AM #1
4.1 Beta Performances
4.1 Beta Performances
Did you tried the 4.1 b ? how is it for you ?
I work 3 days to fix many problems to update my app in 4.1 beta (there still a lot of bugs, but I can use it). Now it does'nt work anymore with 4.0.7 but the result is slower (I don't run benchs, just using the app). It seems slower in all browsers.
How is it for those who test ?
Thanks for responses.
9 Jan 2012 7:09 AM #2
I can't get my two existing apps to load with 4.1 B1 with the existing bugs. Started sandboxing with a new app and got as far as I could reporting what I could along the way, but the bugs finally pushed me back down to 4.0.7.
But, I have high hopes for 4.1 B2.
9 Jan 2012 1:59 PM #3
What kind of bugs are you having? I have migrated our large app to 4.1. Been through a lot, feel free to post and we can figure it out.
9 Jan 2012 2:34 PM #4
Thx for any help you can offer.
A couple of bugs I reported on the bugs page already. One was when adding CSS dynamically (which my login window does, sadly) and having that in play breaks the login which has some persisting effects all by itself.
But, if I take that out, the forms are all empty. A height/width is there where the form fields and fieldcontainers once were, but they don't appear to be rendered.
And anywhere where there was a form field that is rendering its width is like 30-100 px where in 4.0.7 they were the width of the owning container (under anchor 100% layout setup).
9 Jan 2012 2:53 PM #5
In the second app I keep getting errors of 'el is null'. Seems to be when the viewport is instantiated and it's adding each component.
el.addCls.apply(el, arguments) * line 63823 in the Ext-all-dev-w-comments file
The cls being added each time is: x-docked.
9 Jan 2012 5:20 PM #6
I uploaded 4.1.b1 to my server and tested my app... It seemed to break everything. I didn't want to waste much time troubleshooting it... especially since it's a beta. Under the beta, my "simple" login form failed to render and my application failed to startup completely.
I designed the GUI in Designer (XDS) and wrote the business logic when I was satisfied with the layouts. This is a CMS/blog manager that I have been developing since the ExtJS 3.1 days.
At this point, I'll wait for the general/stable release of 4.1 before uploading ExtJS to my server.Perfection as a goal is a nice idea that can point one in a specific direction. However, since "perfection" is an ever changing (evolving?) and moving target, one must admit that perfection can never be obtained...
When in doubt, check the d4mn source code!
And here are my terms...
- I don't care if you use my source code. (Known as "Code.")
- I don't care if I get any monetary compensation.
- I do care to receive credit for Code provided. So, please keep my name in the comments for Code provided.
- Code is provided without warranty "AS-IS" and I claim absolutely no warranty nor liability to the quality, security, and run-ability on any platform.
- By using Code, you accept all risk inherit with Code regardless if Code has known and yet to be discovered bugs.
- You are welcome to change and improve the Code to best meet your needs.
- I don't care if you use the Code in a commercial or open-source project.
- You are not required to contact me prior to using the Code.