Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    LesJ is a name known to all LesJ is a name known to all LesJ is a name known to all LesJ is a name known to all LesJ is a name known to all LesJ is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by MrSparks View Post
    Developing and Testing on a platform that is representative of your target market, is an absolute must and fundamental best practice.
    This is where we disagree. If you feel more productive developing on the Mac or Linux, then why would you use a platform where you are less productive? It just doesn't make sense. You just need to test it on Windows.

As an example, Google developers require a special permission to use Windows (as they consider it less secure).

http://googlesystem.blogspot.com/201...on-to-use.html

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    MrSparks has a spectacular aura about MrSparks has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by LesJ View Post
    This is where we disagree. If you feel more productive developing on the Mac or Linux, then why would you use a platform where you are less productive? It just doesn't make sense. You just need to test it on Windows.
    Why, the main reason is because you can identify issues at the "start" of the product development life cycle rather than later on. It's just best practice. I understand that Dev's feel more productive on certain platforms, however a percentage of the Dev's need to take some pain, so that the customer doesn't.

Sencha - Community Support Team mschwartz's Avatar
    San Diego, Peoples' Republic of California
    Vote Rating
    mschwartz will become famous soon enough mschwartz will become famous soon enough

They can run Windows on Parallels or VirtualBox on their Macs. I'd hope a company that's into virtualization would know to do this (I have no doubt).