Success! Looks like we've fixed this one. According to our records the fix was applied for TOUCH-1370 in a recent build.
    Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    juhovh is on a distinguished road

Unfortunate, but luckily I already got my workaround stabilized pretty well in my use case. Most importantly you guys are communicating and telling us what's going on behing the scenes, and not just silently dropping features from the release. Thank you for doing that!

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    ovikariy is on a distinguished road

Default Example please

Example please

Does anyone have a good example of a workaround for this?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Rui Marinho is on a distinguished road

Any update on this issue?

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    zmagyar is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by TommyMaintz View Post
    What we plan on doing is creating an example shortly after GA that shows you how you can work around this temporarily until a more permanent solution will be part of the core code base.
    When the above mentioned example will be available? It would be quite useful to get a workaround for this.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Bunchofstring will become famous soon enough

Creating beautiful views and components is so easy with Sencha Touch. I also love the idea of web pages that behave like apps and include offline functionality. The documentation suggests that I can specify a store (with a localstorage proxy and autoLoad:true, autoSync:true) for an associated model, but it does not work as expected.

I've had a hard time hacking together a fix (for over a month now), and it doesn't seem to be a top priority for the Sencha Touch team (see TommyMaintz's comment from Feb 22). So, my question is: what is the recommended approach for storing associated models locally using ST2?

Sencha - Sencha Touch Dev Team Jamie Avins's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Jamie Avins is a jewel in the rough Jamie Avins is a jewel in the rough Jamie Avins is a jewel in the rough Jamie Avins is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Bunchofstring View Post
    Creating beautiful views and components is so easy with Sencha Touch. I also love the idea of web pages that behave like apps and include offline functionality. The documentation suggests that I can specify a store (with a localstorage proxy and autoLoad:true, autoSync:true) for an associated model, but it does not work as expected.

I've had a hard time hacking together a fix (for over a month now), and it doesn't seem to be a top priority for the Sencha Touch team (see TommyMaintz's comment from Feb 22). So, my question is: what is the recommended approach for storing associated models locally using ST2?
    This is going to be fully supported in 2.1.0. There is quite a bit of work needed in Associations in general that needs to be in place to support this. An added benefit is going to be the inclusion of WebSQL support as well.

Sencha Inc

Jamie Avins

@jamieavins

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

@Jamie, thanks for your response. I am super excited to hear about the new support in Sencha Touch 2.1.0. Now I just have to find what the upper size limit is for storing data in WebSQL (hopefully more than the 2.5mb that localStorage offers).

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Möhre will become famous soon enough

The localstorage WebSQL on iOS/Webkit has a 50 MB limitation but needs a request to upsize vom 5 MB zo 50 MB:
    http://cantina.co/2010/10/08/web-sql-database-gotchas/
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6...278016#6278016

If you connect to a SQLite database without WebSQL (for example via Phonegap) there is no limitation:
    http://blog.mattray.info/2011/08/int...e-ios-and.html

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Avins View Post
    This is going to be fully supported in 2.1.0. There is quite a bit of work needed in Associations in general that needs to be in place to support this. An added benefit is going to be the inclusion of WebSQL support as well.
    I had high hopes that we'd see ST 2.1 in May, but that seems less and less likely every day. Is the Sencha team prepared to share a release date for the initial PR? 2nd quarter? 3rd quarter?

Sencha Touch is outstanding already, so I certainly don't mean to complain. I only ask because storing and retrieving associated model data is a dependency for much of my app's functionality. If there a patch I can apply now, it would be much appreciated.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    badsyntax is on a distinguished road

We wasted a lot of time due to this bug. Please can someone add this bug to the documentation for 2.0X
    Last edited by badsyntax; 14 Jun 2012 at 6:22 AM. Reason: bad grammar