Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    sc0ttman is on a distinguished road

Default Answered: Adding button to toolbar pushes over the title

Answered: Adding button to toolbar pushes over the title

Hey all,
    I have a couple questions for toolbars and buttons:
    • I would like to add a navigation button to the toolbar of a Panel (sometimes on the left side, sometimes on the right). The only problem is that it seems to push over the title which makes it not centered anymore. Is there a way to add the Back button the way the NestedList component adds it? Without pushing over the title?
      I just have a panel with a toolbar as the first item in the items array:
      PHP Code:
      items: [{xtype"toolbar"title"Widgets"docked:'top'items: [{ text'Back',  ui'back',}]}, ...] 
    • My second problem is basically the same problem as the first, only I would like the button on the right side of the toolbar.
    • The 3rd problem can be seen in the second image. Im using the 'delete' UI which should render an image of a 'X', for some reason it isnt. Is this a known bug with ST2p3 ?
    Thanks!
    Attached Images

2. Thanks arunc.

I ended up going with 'Ext.navigation.View' in order to get the back buttons placed properly.
    Also, for my modal windows where I wanted the close button on the right I used a technique I saw in the Kiva app:
    PHP Code:
    xtype'spacer'width:50 },
    xtype'spacer'},
    xtype'title',  title'My Title'},
    xtype'spacer' },
    iconCls'delete',  iconMasktrueui"plain"
    As for the icon not showing, I forgot to uncomment it in my _buttons.scss file.

Thanks

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    arunc is on a distinguished road

You can use spacers to place items in toolbar , it will give you better control of position. Add one spacer then label for title then again spacer then the back button....
    Delete ui is working for me with in a toolbar, but am not able to use it on other components.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    sc0ttman is on a distinguished road

Thanks arunc.

I ended up going with 'Ext.navigation.View' in order to get the back buttons placed properly.
    Also, for my modal windows where I wanted the close button on the right I used a technique I saw in the Kiva app:
    PHP Code:
    xtype'spacer'width:50 },
    xtype'spacer'},
    xtype'title',  title'My Title'},
    xtype'spacer' },
    iconCls'delete',  iconMasktrueui"plain"
    As for the icon not showing, I forgot to uncomment it in my _buttons.scss file.

Thanks

Thread Participants: 1