Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Vaidehi is on a distinguished road

Default Issue in Re-sizing the embedded video player received from the server

Issue in Re-sizing the embedded video player received from the server

Hi,

I have an <iframe> tag consisting of an embedded video player that is received from the server.
    The problem is, I am unable to resize this player on my panel. It gets stretched and goes beyond the panel's width & height.

Options that I tried out :-
    1. Obtain the device's size (height and width). Calculate the player's height and width to be 60% of the device's size. Assign the width and height attributes to the <iframe> tag.
    2. Made use of the <table> tag. Assigned the width to be 60%. Placed the iframe tag in this table.
    The first option works fine when it comes to displaying it on a machine/tablet. It fails in case of a mobile device.
    Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Vaidehi

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Why do you have it in an iframe?
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Vaidehi is on a distinguished road

This is how I receive the embedded player from the server. Cannot change it.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

The issue is the video needs to be sized properly to the document body within the iframe. If you can get the source of the video then you can use it outside of the iframe which is preferred.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Thread Participants: 1