Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    nstokoe is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Beta 2: Remote Filtering Grid with Paging

Unanswered: Beta 2: Remote Filtering Grid with Paging

Hello everyone.

I am trying to implement a grid which uses remote filtering of columns with paging. Previous 2.x showcases contained an example of this exact situation but the 3.0 beta 2 showcase's example of remote filtering does not include paging. I tried to extend that example (http://sencha.com/examples-dev/#Exam...motefiltergrid) to use a toolbar for paging, but the bind method for Toolbar only takes a loader of type PagingLoader<PagingLoadConfig,?> and will not work with
    PagingLoader<FilterPagingLoadConfig, ?>.

Anyone know how to get both remote filtering and paging working together using the same loader?

Ext GWT Premium Member
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    binarious is on a distinguished road

Hello,

any new insights? We have the same problem, too.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Default Nope

Nope

None yet.

Surprised this functionality isn't available since it was clearly possible in 2.x.

Sencha - GXT Dev Team
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light

Sorry about the delay in getting to this post.

I see no reason why this shouldn't work, except for the generics issue preventing passing in an otherwise valid PagingLoader to the toolbar. Try casting the loader when you pass it in, something like
    Code:
    toolbar.bind((PagingLoader)loader);
    This will emit a warning about an unsafe, raw cast, but will serve as a temporary workaround

From 2.x we have made a number of generics fixes, but I see there are still a few places that need some attention. Thanks for bringing this up, and let me know how the workaround goes - we will update this thread when there is a better fix.

Ext GWT Premium Member
    Answers
    Vote Rating

I tried casting the PagingLoader<FilterPagingLoadConfig, PagingLoadResult<...>> to just raw PagingLoader as you described. After that I get the following ClassCastException:

Code:
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: com.sencha.gxt.data.shared.loader.PagingLoadConfigBean cannot be cast to com.sencha.gxt.data.shared.loader.FilterPagingLoadConfig
        at com.sencha.gxt.widget.core.client.grid.filters.AbstractGridFilters.handleBeforeLaod(AbstractGridFilters.java:363)
        at com.sencha.gxt.widget.core.client.grid.filters.AbstractGridFilters$LoaderHandler.onBeforeLoad(AbstractGridFilters.java:94)
        at com.sencha.gxt.data.shared.loader.BeforeLoadEvent.dispatch(BeforeLoadEvent.java:95)
        at com.sencha.gxt.data.shared.loader.BeforeLoadEvent.dispatch(BeforeLoadEvent.java:1)
        at com.google.gwt.event.shared.GwtEvent.dispatch(GwtEvent.java:1)
        at com.google.web.bindery.event.shared.EventBus.dispatchEvent(EventBus.java:40)
        at com.google.web.bindery.event.shared.SimpleEventBus.doFire(SimpleEventBus.java:193)
        at com.google.web.bindery.event.shared.SimpleEventBus.fireEvent(SimpleEventBus.java:88)
        at com.google.gwt.event.shared.SimpleEventBus.fireEvent(SimpleEventBus.java:52)
        at com.google.gwt.event.shared.EventBus.castFireEvent(EventBus.java:67)
        at com.google.gwt.event.shared.SimpleEventBus.fireEvent(SimpleEventBus.java:57)
        at com.sencha.gxt.data.shared.loader.Loader.fireEvent(Loader.java:197)
        at com.sencha.gxt.data.shared.loader.Loader.load(Loader.java:171)
        at com.sencha.gxt.data.shared.loader.Loader.load(Loader.java:158)
        at de.kdo.gxt.framework.client.user.UserRightController$1$1.execute(UserRightController.java:107)
        at com.google.gwt.core.client.impl.SchedulerImpl$Task$.executeScheduled$(SchedulerImpl.java:50)
        at com.google.gwt.core.client.impl.SchedulerImpl.runScheduledTasks(SchedulerImpl.java:228)
        at com.google.gwt.core.client.impl.SchedulerImpl.flushPostEventPumpCommands(SchedulerImpl.java:388)
        at com.google.gwt.core.client.impl.SchedulerImpl$Flusher.execute(SchedulerImpl.java:78)
        at com.google.gwt.core.client.impl.SchedulerImpl.execute(SchedulerImpl.java:138)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.MethodAdaptor.invoke(MethodAdaptor.java:103)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.MethodDispatch.invoke(MethodDispatch.java:71)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.OophmSessionHandler.invoke(OophmSessionHandler.java:172)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.reactToMessagesWhileWaitingForReturn(BrowserChannelServer.java:337)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.invokeJavascript(BrowserChannelServer.java:218)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpaceOOPHM.doInvoke(ModuleSpaceOOPHM.java:136)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.invokeNative(ModuleSpace.java:561)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.invokeNativeObject(ModuleSpace.java:269)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.JavaScriptHost.invokeNativeObject(JavaScriptHost.java:91)
        at com.google.gwt.core.client.impl.Impl.apply(Impl.java)
        at com.google.gwt.core.client.impl.Impl.entry0(Impl.java:213)
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor54.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.MethodAdaptor.invoke(MethodAdaptor.java:103)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.MethodDispatch.invoke(MethodDispatch.java:71)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.OophmSessionHandler.invoke(OophmSessionHandler.java:172)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.reactToMessages(BrowserChannelServer.java:292)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.processConnection(BrowserChannelServer.java:546)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.run(BrowserChannelServer.java:363)
     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
    excerp of the implementation:
    Code:
            // Store
            store = new ListStore<UserDTO>(props.key());

loader = new KdoCrudLoader(service, (ListStore) store);

// Toolbar zum Bl├Ąttern
            final PagingToolBar toolBar = new PagingToolBar(5);
            toolBar.getElement().getStyle().setProperty("borderBottom", "none");
            toolBar.bind((PagingLoader) loader);

UserColumnConfig ucc = new UserColumnConfig(props);
            ColumnModel<UserDTO> cm = new ColumnModel<UserDTO>((List) ucc.getList());

Grid<UserDTO> grid = new Grid<UserDTO>(store, cm) {
                @Override
                protected void onAfterFirstAttach() {
                    super.onAfterFirstAttach();
                    Scheduler.get().scheduleDeferred(new ScheduledCommand() {
                        public void execute() {
                            loader.load();
                        }
                    });
                }
            };

GridFilters<UserDTO> filters = new GridFilters<UserDTO>(loader);
            filters.initPlugin(grid);
    KdoCrudLoader.java
    Code:
    public class KdoCrudLoader extends PagingLoader<FilterPagingLoadConfig, PagingLoadResult<KdoBaseDTO>> {

public KdoCrudLoader(
                DataProxy<FilterPagingLoadConfig, PagingLoadResult<KdoBaseDTO>> proxy) {
            super(proxy);

}

public KdoCrudLoader(KdoBaseCrudServiceAsync service, ListStore<KdoBaseDTO> store) {
            this(new KdoCrudProxy(service));
            setRemoteSort(true);

addLoadHandler(new LoadResultListStoreBinding<FilterPagingLoadConfig, KdoBaseDTO, PagingLoadResult<KdoBaseDTO>>(
                    store));
        }

}
    KdoCrudProxy.java
    Code:
    public class KdoCrudProxy extends RpcProxy<FilterPagingLoadConfig, PagingLoadResult<KdoBaseDTO>> {

private KdoBaseCrudServiceAsync service;

public KdoCrudProxy(KdoBaseCrudServiceAsync service) {
            super();
            this.service = service;
        }

@Override
        public void load(FilterPagingLoadConfig loadConfig,
                AsyncCallback<PagingLoadResult<KdoBaseDTO>> callback) {
            service.getAll(loadConfig, callback);

}

}
    Maybe I'm just doing it wrong. Any ideas?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

The suggested workaround did not work for me either. I don't have a nice pretty stack trace since at this point I'm testing on a JBoss server and haven't determined the best way to handle client side logging. Any suggestions on that front would be greatly appreciated (in addition to other workarounds for the original problem as well

Sencha - GXT Dev Team darrellmeyer's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    darrellmeyer is on a distinguished road

The PagingLoader must override the newLoadConfig method and return a FilterLoadConfig instance. As in:

Code:
    final PagingLoader<FilterPagingLoadConfig, PagingLoadResult<Stock>> remoteLoader = new PagingLoader<FilterPagingLoadConfig, PagingLoadResult<Stock>>(
            proxy) {
          @Override
          protected FilterPagingLoadConfig newLoadConfig() {
            return new FilterPagingLoadConfigBean();
          }
        };

Sencha - GXT Dev Team darrellmeyer's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    darrellmeyer is on a distinguished road

The bug with the bind method is now fixed in SVN. I also added paging to the remote filter grid example. You can see the current code here:

http://staging.sencha.com:8080/examp...motefiltergrid

Without this change, you can still get paging to work by simple casting the loader in the bind method (as mentioned by colin). I tested this and it works before making the change to the toolbar.

Ext GWT Premium Member
    Answers
    Vote Rating

Thumbs up

This works for me. Thank you for the fast response.

Answers
    Vote Rating
    PhiLho is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by nstokoe View Post
    [I] haven't determined the best way to handle client side logging. Any suggestions on that front would be greatly appreciated
    GWT has some primitive logging facilities out of the box, and I started to use GWT-log for this, as it offers extra flexibility / features / nicer output.