Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    wnielson will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by bobpardoe View Post
    I am running the code downloaded from GitHub with v2.0.0 of Touch. Your demo works fine in the same Google browser. Running on Ubuntu.

I have taken your main.js as my class and I can display it fine and it works fine but no text ...

I can see the text in the html, for both the groups and the items, but nothing shows on screen. The click events all work too. No errors in the debug console.

I don't have a device to test on.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

BOb
    Probably some CSS issues that have to be worked out. What browser are you seeing these issues in?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by FBlack View Post
    Hi,
    I want to change the List for a Panel with buttons and Slide from up to bottom. How I can to do this?
    You'd have to do some pretty heavy modifications to get that behavior. There really isn't an easy way to go about this without getting your hands dirty and making some changes to the class.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by bnerd View Post
    so wnielson

I'm loving this component. I have a question.. Can i listen for when the sliding view finishes it's animation and then find out if it is open or closed?

I want the menu to behave just like facebook so that if the user is navigating in a view and swipes the menu open... I can change the back button to a slide button... and then when the menu closes I can change the slide button back to a back button.

Hope that makes sense lol.
    Currently there isn't an easy way to listen to an 'open' or 'close' event, but that would be a nice feature to add. I'll add that to the todo list.

Ext GWT Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    bobpardoe is on a distinguished road

Originally Chromium on Ubuntu 11.01 64bit. Since then I have deployed the same code (but not minified) to an iPhone where it works fine and an iPad (v2) where it does not.

BOb

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    jerrytieng is on a distinguished road

Default I am the village :(

I am the village :(

Hi guys

I'm 15 days into Sencha Touch, PhoneGap, Xcode development and I'm going through all the various examples on the web and on this forum. I have also completed learning by examples in the Sencha Touch Cookbook by Ajit Kumar but now I am stuck and having difficulty putting together the 'standard' MVC directory structure and the fantastic Sliding Side Menu example and making it run.

I think it's a total lack of understanding of the MVC setup as I got as far as the 'applicationloadingindicator' but it seems like my app is not 'launching'

May I request for help in the form of a nudge in the right direction - reading material, actual directory structure, or anything please? Thank you.

Xcode : 4.3.2
    Cordova : 1.6.1
    Sencha : 2.0.0
    iOS Simulator : iPad 5.1 Simulator

Feeling-really-not-so-smart right now.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    xolytem is on a distinguished road

Default How to remove the toolbar ?

How to remove the toolbar ?

Hi,

I am new to sencha touch, and I am playing with your slidenavigationview. I'd like to remove the toolbar, and the slide-button within it, keeping the draggable function of course.

Removing the slide-button is easy, but when removing the toolbar, the drag event is no more fired. I guess the idea would be to attach this event to the container view itself, but I don't know where to modify your code (I managed to identify different functionalities but did not obtained any satisfying result

if anyone can help that would be great !

fred.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Kachipun is on a distinguished road

Default Separate into own views?

Separate into own views?

Hi there!
    First of all Awesome job on the Facebook Menu!

Im currently using it on one of my apps im developing, and i would like to know if there is any way of separating the list items in the menu into their own views?

Best Regards

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    mayankarora1988 is on a distinguished road

Hi ,
    This https://github.com/wnielson/sencha-SlideNavigation example is perfectly work in android 3.2 but not work in 2.3 and 4.0.

Any help or any additional setting in android 2.3 and 4.0.

Thanks
    Mayank

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    thang_ibrahim is on a distinguished road

u don't remove old cards when new item in menu tapped to keep the DOM clear?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by thang_ibrahim View Post
    u don't remove old cards when new item in menu tapped to keep the DOM clear?
    No the items are cached, not deleted. If you have a lot of views, then this approach may begin to slow things down as more and more memory will be consumed when items are created. However for a modest number of views, caching will give better performance as we don't have to constantly modify the DOM and create/delete items.