Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    rasi is on a distinguished road

Question Extjs component Not created correctly inside jQuery

Extjs component Not created correctly inside jQuery

Hi all, i use Extjs 4.0.7,

i need create an ExtJS component object inside jQuery $(function(){}), but it seems that the component is not initialized properly.
    When i change the "$(function())" to the "Ext.onReady()" it executed successfully. Using "Ext.onReady()" is not an option for me because I am trying to load (inject) the page that contains the "Ext.onReady()" dynamically into the <div> tag (not iframe). At first i thought the script should execute as expected, however in actual test run the "Ext.onReady()" was never called at all.

I tried to debug using chrome, and I found out that when using $(function()) I got this error in file ext-all-debug.js line 41280

// throw error "Uncaught TypeError: Cannot call method 'setSize' of undefined"
    //the surface is undefined
    this.owner.surface.setSize(width, height);

while when using Ext.onReady
    ( using non dynamic method to load the page), the "this.onwer.surface" is defined correctly.
    could someone shed a light to resolve this issue?

thankyou, rasi

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Why are you mixing the frameworks? Going to be a lot to download.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    rasi is on a distinguished road

Hi mitchellsimoens,

I developed a web gui constructor using jquery before i found out about the ExtJS Framework, however if I stopped the current development and start over from scratch using ExtJS framework, it will take a long time to reach the stage where i am at now. So decided to use only some of the ExtJS components such as grid, panel to shorten my GUI component only like grid, panel etc. to support my gui constructor.

Overall developing using with ExtJS has been a pleasant experience till I found another problem and think the root of the problem due to my attempt to load Extjs file dynamically

please see the sample page I have created for you,

this site will loading Ext Js (ext-all-debug.js) dynamically :
    you will see the error when seeing the console form in chrome
    http://devcrash.net/dynamic/

and this site will loading Ext js static (write directly to the head tag of html) :
    no error found
    http://devcrash.net/static/

Could you figure out what went wrong ?

thankyou,
    rasi

Thread Participants: 1