Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    smerny is on a distinguished road

Default Answered: panel setHeight() extremely slow

Answered: panel setHeight() extremely slow

responseContainer.setHeight(rowCount * 420);
    responseContainer.doLayout();

it's taking several times (probably 10x) longer to load than if i remove the setHeight line.

without the setHeight, the cmp's within this container overflow off the container.

why does it take so long? is there an alternative (quicker) way to do this?

2. Not sure why you are using setHeight... If you don't use a layout manager, the items should make the container auto height. If you do, then you should use scrolling. The doLayout will make the container redo the layout of all the items.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure why you are using setHeight... If you don't use a layout manager, the items should make the container auto height. If you do, then you should use scrolling. The doLayout will make the container redo the layout of all the items.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating

deviceTabPanel (sencha TabPanel) contains items that have scroll: 'vertical'... one of which is responseContainer

responseContainer contains a sidebar and a contentContainer (sencha panel).

contentContainer is populated by rows (sencha panels) of 3 components (sencha panels)

---

if i include the setHeight like in my first post, it works as desired but takes forever to load.

if i exclude the setHeight, it loads faster but the content within contentContainer flow off the responseContainer and i am unable to scroll to overflowing rows.

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating

i'm making the content independently scrollable and putting the doLayout on that and it seems to work well. thanks

Thread Participants: 1